Author Topic: So Melo could be worse that Collins  (Read 9648 times)

Re: So Melo could be worse that Collins
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2013, 04:37:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I've seen plenty of Red Claws games. Melo just needs some time. Every rookie looks pretty bad in our system except for undersized PF's it seems. Every other rookie looks awful. Doc loves the KG/undersized PF combo. He might not see time until KG finally retires..

Nice observation.. Lol!

Greg Steimsma and Semih Erden both looked outstanding in our system
I wouldn't say they looked outstanding.  Serviceable backup centers, sure.  Outstanding would be reserved for a high-quality starter

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I've seen plenty of Red Claws games. Melo just needs some time. Every rookie looks pretty bad in our system except for undersized PF's it seems. Every other rookie looks awful. Doc loves the KG/undersized PF combo. He might not see time until KG finally retires..

Nice observation.. Lol!

I wouldn't say they looked outstanding.  Serviceable backup centers, sure.  Outstanding would be reserved for a high-quality starter

Dude, that's a late 2nd rounder and an undrafted who both started and succeeded for an extended stretch. That's outstanding

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2013, 05:12:46 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

Nice observation.. Lol!

Dude, that's a late 2nd rounder and an undrafted who both started and succeeded for an extended stretch. That's outstanding

Doesn't matter when they were or weren't drafted, Stiemsma and Erden were decent players. It may be outstanding that they beat the odds, but that does not make them outstanding players.

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Stiemsma and Erden were decent players.

Calling Erden decent is a stretch folks.

THAT is an icredibly terrible thing to say.."none of his team mayes trusted him" i have seen many posts from you, and believe you did not mean it this way..... it is the responsibility of the team to make one a member, and greats like kg and pp can bring melo in.....i watched doc kill steamers confidence...hope he doesn't do it to melo..

Grow up!  They don't trust him.  Trust is earned.  He has not earned it yet.   People passed the ball to Stiesmsa after a while his team mates learned he had a jumper. 

Anyone who confidence is killed by a coach doesn't belong in the league.  I think Greg's NCCAA career did more for killing his confidence than Doc ever done.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/wisconsin/greg-stiemsma

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Nice observation.. Lol!

Doesn't matter when they were or weren't drafted, Stiemsma and Erden were decent players. It may be outstanding that they beat the odds, but that does not make them outstanding players.

You're missing the point. This isn't about beating the odds. The argument was that only undersized 4's look good as rookies in the Celtics system. Steimsma and Erden are both below-average (generous) players who looked good starting at the 5 as rookies in that system. Hence, the argument is wrong. In the case of centers, I think that the opposite is actually true because we ask so little of them offensively and because Garnett covers so much ground defensively.

I think that Fab, when he does get some extended minutes, will probably look much better than his current skill level suggests.

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013, 05:53:15 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within

THAT is an icredibly terrible thing to say.."none of his team mayes trusted him" i have seen many posts from you, and believe you did not mean it this way..... it is the responsibility of the team to make one a member, and greats like kg and pp can bring melo in.....i watched doc kill steamers confidence...hope he doesn't do it to melo..

Grow up!  They don't trust him.  Trust is earned.  He has not earned it yet.   People passed the ball to Stiesmsa after a while his team mates learned he had a jumper. 

Anyone who confidence is killed by a coach doesn't belong in the league.  I think Greg's NCCAA career did more for killing his confidence than Doc ever done.

Wow, you must have been waiting for that one for a while. Case closed. You should be an attorney. You smoked that dude. TP!

I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was my friend, you sir are no Jack Kennedy!

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Melo will never be an NBA player.

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 05:59:46 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within

Have to credit Stiemsma. The guy never gave up. He must have been really horrible with those stats. That he is in the NBA at all is amazing, let alone starting (due to injuries). Melo will be OK. Give him time. Hope Joseph can make his way back into the league soon. He deserves another shot.

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:10 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76