Author Topic: So Melo could be worse that Collins  (Read 9644 times)

So Melo could be worse that Collins
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:15:01 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Yeah, it was just two minutes in garbage time.  And I say this half jokingly.  But looks like Melo has a ways to go.  I know lots of posters say could he be worse than Collins?  Judging by how he looks, I say yes.

Re: So Melo could be worse that Collins
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Yeah, it was just two minutes in garbage time.  And I say this half jokingly.  But looks like Melo has a ways to go.  I know lots of posters say could he be worse than Collins?  Judging by how he looks, I say yes.

He definitely does have a lot of work to do.  In my opinion, he really shouldn't be in Boston at this point.  Just not ready yet.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 12:24:58 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
two garbage minute, you said it yourself. i'll reserve my judgement after i see him play meaningful minutes with kg presumably.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 12:26:20 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is too slow. Didn't look smart out there. And o'quinn a 2nd round pick was picking him apart like he was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 12:27:53 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jitters, adjusting to the much faster game...

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 12:37:57 AM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
He looked way, way too slow. So slow I wondered if he'd ever play meaningful minutes in the league.

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:38:41 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I say that Collins isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he is a terrible rebounder for sure and he isn't good at scoring (although he doesn't get ANY shots and rarely touches the ball)... I am looking at a replay of the Orl game and I have paid attention to him in other games... he has to easily be our second best pick setter! He is also a good defender (even with how slow he is). This guy is out there working his butt off every chance he gets, if he was as young as Perk is and on this team with KG, I'd say he would impact this team much like Perk did.

Now Fab, well, this was his first action on the big stage in months... give him a chance to get accustomed to it and he will come around and be better, poor guy over helps, he doesn't know any better... he HAS to over help in the DL, those guys are horrible defenders on his team. He will eventually learn that our guys aren't bad defenders and learn to stay with his man more often (although when he did help when he was suppose to, NO ONE covered his man, leaving him to look like the problem).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 12:39:34 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've been watching the D-League videos and getting somewhat enthused about the big youngster, but he looked completely out of his depth out there tonight.

Hopefully, it's just a matter of getting out the jitters and adjusting to the big league.  (I've got to say the guys didn't do him any favors either.  Melo was at the scorer's table with a comfortable lead of 19 to 20 with [I think] about 5 minutes left.  They then let Orlando go on a little run which made Doc leave Fab sitting around waiting for a couple of extra minutes before he finally let him in). 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:18 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This might be one of the most unfair threads i've ever seen on CB. Then against i've seen them for every rookie for the past 5 years.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 01:31:34 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
It is a very reasonable possibility that Melo will eventually be a solid player but won't be able to provide useful minutes until his third season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 01:33:24 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
This might be one of the most unfair threads i've ever seen on CB. Then against i've seen them for every rookie for the past 5 years.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=51998.0

That's the worst.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Avery Bradley was that awful for more than 2 minutes to start his career. Let's show a LITTLE patience with the big man who is absolutely known to be a multiyear project.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 01:41:56 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
That'd certainly be an accomplishment.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 01:54:18 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
the kid played 2 garbage minutes on his FIRST REAL NBA game.
cut him some slack. I've seen a couple of red claws games, and he can run. First day jitters.

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 02:10:50 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=51998.0

That's the worst.

Haha massive TP for you my friend.