Author Topic: Bos/Atl/Uta Trade Idea (Where we're not getting big Al)  (Read 1471 times)

Bos/Atl/Uta Trade Idea (Where we're not getting big Al)
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
i posted a similar trade a while back and even though that trade sent big al to atl i got a lot of responses along the lines of "we don't want big al"
thus the title of this proposal

here's my latest:
bos sends terry, bass
receives milsap, korver

atl sends Josh smith, korver
recieves big al, bass

utah sends big al, milsap
recieves smith, terry

variations on this trade also work: sub petro and tinsley for korver if you like

for bos we get a quality power forward who can actually help this year and we get  expiring contracts. i know terry is playing better but he has underperformed and the length of he and bass's contracts on a rebuilding celtics team is burdensome.

for atl they get a center to pair with horford. try them together for the year, if it fails big al's contract is expiring and gives them flexibility. if it succeeds we could be wishing we'd made a move for him. bass is a reliable  and a cheapish back up 4.

the justification for utah is the hardest. I have no idea if they have the money to resign smith, but in the short term they get an exciting star, at worst they clear the log jam at the 4/5 and get a shot at convincing smith to resign. i don't believe they have a shot at landing a player of his caliber in FA.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:29:22 AM by IndeedProceed »

Re: Bos/Atl/Uta Trade Idea (Where we're not getting big Al)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 12:33:36 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This trade is interesting, because for ATL and Utah, it isn't terribly bad. I don't think it's ideal, but in a weird way, it fits.

But Boston basically gives up two quarters for a dollar and another dime, if you follow the metaphor. Utah is screwed the worst though by a longshot, they should be able to get far better assets than Terry and J-Smoove for their starting frontcourt.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Bos/Atl/Uta Trade Idea (Where we're not getting big Al)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 02:19:39 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
This trade is interesting, because for ATL and Utah, it isn't terribly bad. I don't think it's ideal, but in a weird way, it fits.

But Boston basically gives up two quarters for a dollar and another dime, if you follow the metaphor. Utah is screwed the worst though by a longshot, they should be able to get far better assets than Terry and J-Smoove for their starting frontcourt.

yeah utah doesn't get fair value back but they are never going to attract a player like smith in FA. this would at least give them a chance to convince him of the wonders of life in salt lake city.
I tried to make the deal sweeter for the jazz but the darn trade machine kept rejecting my attempts.