Author Topic: Offensive Spacing and Jeff Green  (Read 5910 times)

Re: Offensive Spacing and Jeff Green
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 10:50:23 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't think it's floor spacing. It just sometimes Green comes to play, sometimes he doesn't.

Well, since January... 49% from the field for 9 points off the bench. Good month.

That is a good month, but he had two months where he shot 41 and 42%. Sometimes he plays, sometimes he doesn't

yeah well everybody has to show up every night now. no more dogging it not earning that fat paycheck.

I know, if the guys out there had been playing as hard and with as much focus and intensity as the are now all year we'd be a top 2-3 seed right now.

Exactly.

I'm a little confused how fans are glossing over the fact some Celtics weren't giving this effort before the injury.

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 10:51:24 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I don't think it's floor spacing. It just sometimes Green comes to play, sometimes he doesn't.

Well, since January... 49% from the field for 9 points off the bench. Good month.

That is a good month, but he had two months where he shot 41 and 42%. Sometimes he plays, sometimes he doesn't

yeah well everybody has to show up every night now. no more dogging it not earning that fat paycheck.

I know, if the guys out there had been playing as hard and with as much focus and intensity as the are now all year we'd be a top 2-3 seed right now.

Exactly.

I'm a little confused how fans are glossing over the fact some Celtics weren't giving this effort before the injury.

mmmkay and who exactly's job is it to get that effort out of them?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Exactly.

mmmkay and exactly who got criticized when people didn't like Rondo's effort? Someone besides Rondo?

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
could it be we played two of the crappiest teams in the league? ;)

Love when Green is aggressive though, keep attacking Jeff!

Right after beating the defending champs.

what is wrong with beating crappy teams?? last i checked we lost a ton of games to crappy teams all year. at least we are beating them now right?  ;D

True

Yes, it is true but they finally realized with the injuries that every game is going to matter when it comes to making the playoffs...they're flat out playing hard...even against crappy teams...before injuries they were collectively sleep walking waiting to turn it on after the all star break in my opinion

I think rondo having the ball in his hands 95percent of the time had alot to do with the sleep walking.

This!

There were several aggressive drives today which led to scores, which simply wouldn't have happened if Rondo was out there.

Also did anyone notice how much more we are running and scoring on the break without him?  Now it's Lee, Barbosa, Terry and Green ALL running and scoring on the break.  Basically whoever gets the ball (via rebound or defensive stop) pushes it rather than before, where they would pass it straight to Rondo.

One would wonder what else people noticed. Maybe that we're getting slightly fewer transition points than usual and we're finishing them less efficiently than we normally do? How about the fact that our offensive efficiency hasn't shown any improvement despite playing the teams ranked 11th, 26th and 29th in defense in those games? I'm guessing all these things were somehow missed by the anti-Rondo crowd.

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Bradley was giving you effort every game, Lee was giving you the effort every game, Sully was giving you the effort every game, KG was giving you the effort every game, Terry has given you the effort we want from him for a while (simply missing shots), Green has been off and on, but he's been quite productive in since January.

Bass and Pierce are the only question marks for me, but there's a reason why the bench has been quite consistent this month with small dosages of KG inserted to balance the big man rotation out.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 11:37:29 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Bradley was giving you effort every game, Lee was giving you the effort every game, Sully was giving you the effort every game, KG was giving you the effort every game, Terry has given you the effort we want from him for a while (simply missing shots), Green has been off and on, but he's been quite productive in since January.

Bass and Pierce are the only question marks for me, but there's a reason why the bench has been quite consistent this month with small dosages of KG inserted to balance the big man rotation out.

Rondo's been giving you effort every game as well. If he's fair game so it the rest of the team. You don't think the guys are running harder on the break now, or moving around more/faster on offense, or showing more focus on defense lately? You haven't noticed any more energy than usual the last 2-3 games?

Heck, even if you can't see it Terry actually *said* that the wings were going to run harder so they could play more in transition.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:46:03 AM by BballTim »

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 11:50:46 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Rondo's been giving you effort every game as well. If he's fair game so it the rest of the team. You don't think the guys are running harder on the break now, or moving around more/faster on offense, or showing more focus on defense lately? You haven't noticed any more energy than usual the last 2-3 games?

Heck, even if you can't see it Terry actually *said* that the wings were going to run harder so they could play more in transition.

Rondo's efforf has been spotty at best, the rest I'll comment on later.

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Exactly.

mmmkay and exactly who got criticized when people didn't like Rondo's effort? Someone besides Rondo?

sure along with rondo. however,you say rondo was giving effort up above so now you admit it is doc and his philosphy that he was allowing rondo to run that was failing ?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13:35 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Exactly.

sure along with rondo. however,you say rondo was giving effort up above so now you admit it is doc and his philosphy that he was allowing rondo to run that was failing ?

The current team has had issues with consistency and changing roles but I don't think that means that the system was failing. We struggled for a while last year as well but it was Doc's system/philosophy that we were using when we almost made it to the finals, just like it was in 2010 when we almost won the title.

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 12:22:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Rondo's efforf has been spotty at best, the rest I'll comment on later.

And I'll stay with my typical points. Rondo's a warrior and doesn't let on when he's hurt. He was hobbled quite a bit by the bone bruise on his hip last month and lately every time you see him he's had an ice pack on his back, I know most people never take things like that into account when they assess his effort. Also, when the other players aren't doing much on offense everyone here calls that "Rondo not bringing it".

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 12:24:58 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Exactly.

By the way, I didn't quite understand what you meant by "sure along with rondo". Are you saying that other people besides Rondo got blamed for his effort?

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Four straight games over double digits and 50%+ shooting.  It's hard not to like this version of Jeff Green.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Four straight games over double digits and 50%+ shooting.  It's hard not to like this version of Jeff Green.

Yeah.  It's just hard at this point to pinpoint what makes Jeff Green play well and what makes him disappear.  I don't have confidence on any given night predicting which Jeff we'll get.

Maybe it's selective memory, but I do feel like he's had good games more frequently lately compared to the beginning of the season.  It could be that he's still gradually working his way back from the heart surgery, and we can expect to see him become more consistent over time. 

But with Jeff Green, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Other than Rondo has been playing lazy defense since before the injuries, and that's just the starting point.

I applaud Rondo's ability to play hurt, and do consider him a warrior of sorts in the way he can play hurt as he's shown in the playoffs. But one thing doesn't go with the other.

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 12:56:52 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Lol, rondo didn't give the same consistent effort as the guys the other poster named. Do you watch the games or do you just read the stats afterwards because that's how it seems with some of your comments.