Author Topic: Offensive Spacing and Jeff Green  (Read 5908 times)

Re: Offensive Spacing and Jeff Green
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
could it be we played two of the crappiest teams in the league? ;)

Love when Green is aggressive though, keep attacking Jeff!

Right after beating the defending champs.

what is wrong with beating crappy teams?? last i checked we lost a ton of games to crappy teams all year. at least we are beating them now right?  ;D

True

Yes, it is true but they finally realized with the injuries that every game is going to matter when it comes to making the playoffs...they're flat out playing hard...even against crappy teams...before injuries they were collectively sleep walking waiting to turn it on after the all star break in my opinion

I think rondo having the ball in his hands 95percent of the time had alot to do with the sleep walking.

bingo
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

what is wrong with beating crappy teams?? last i checked we lost a ton of games to crappy teams all year. at least we are beating them now right?  ;D

True

Yes, it is true but they finally realized with the injuries that every game is going to matter when it comes to making the playoffs...they're flat out playing hard...even against crappy teams...before injuries they were collectively sleep walking waiting to turn it on after the all star break in my opinion

I think rondo having the ball in his hands 95percent of the time had alot to do with the sleep walking.

bingo

Thats on doc rivers...if rondo was somehow going against the team and what doc wanted he should have benched...butttt he was doing what he was coached to do.

Im convinced we're worse until we're scouted better and win a playoff series or 2, then you may have a point
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:54:54 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 10:45:37 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
JEFF GREEN IS A TANK.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 10:55:56 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

True

bingo

Thats on doc rivers...if rondo was somehow going against the team and what doc wanted he should have benched...butttt he was doing what he was coached to do.

Im convinced we're worse until we're scouted better and win a playoff series or 2, then you may have a point

I know, I'm not saying this is rondos fault its docs fault.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 11:08:16 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

True

bingo

Well Doc suddenly adjusts and coaches the team to do what they shouldve been doing all along...annoying

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 12:25:07 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

True

bingo

Well Doc suddenly adjusts and coaches the team to do what they shouldve been doing all along...annoying

Rondo's ACL (and Sully's back) might have been saved too.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 05:19:18 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't think it's floor spacing. It just sometimes Green comes to play, sometimes he doesn't.

Well, since January... 49% from the field for 9 points off the bench. Good month.

That is a good month, but he had two months where he shot 41 and 42%. Sometimes he plays, sometimes he doesn't

yeah well everybody has to show up every night now. no more dogging it not earning that fat paycheck.

I know, if the guys out there had been playing as hard and with as much focus and intensity as the are now all year we'd be a top 2-3 seed right now.

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 05:52:44 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I love this - how many of the people here have been saying we play better without Rondo?

All the Rondo fanboys have argued absolutely that this won't happen, and that we will suck and epically fail without Rondo.

Now that Rondo is gone and we are clearly playing better, the Rondo fans turn the blame on to Doc.

Sorry guys but Rondo is out, Doc is still coaching us, and we're playing better.

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2013, 05:58:22 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

True

This!

There were several aggressive drives today which led to scores, which simply wouldn't have happened if Rondo was out there.

Also did anyone notice how much more we are running and scoring on the break without him?  Now it's Lee, Barbosa, Terry and Green ALL running and scoring on the break.  Basically whoever gets the ball (via rebound or defensive stop) pushes it rather than before, where they would pass it straight to Rondo.

Guys just look like they are having fun out there, rather than standing around falling asleep while they wait for somebody to hopefully pass them the ball. 

Special Kudo's to Green for his defense - he's been right up there with Lee and Bradley as out best defensive player this month, no exchageration.

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 06:49:36 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

True

This!

There were several aggressive drives today which led to scores, which simply wouldn't have happened if Rondo was out there.

Also did anyone notice how much more we are running and scoring on the break without him?  Now it's Lee, Barbosa, Terry and Green ALL running and scoring on the break.  Basically whoever gets the ball (via rebound or defensive stop) pushes it rather than before, where they would pass it straight to Rondo.

Guys just look like they are having fun out there, rather than standing around falling asleep while they wait for somebody to hopefully pass them the ball. 

Special Kudo's to Green for his defense - he's been right up there with Lee and Bradley as out best defensive player this month, no exchageration.

shhhhh Danny and Doc might see this and decide to blow up the team

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2013, 08:34:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would temper all this spacing with the fact it was the magic who have only won 13 games.  But I too hope it continues.

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
It's two mediocre teams, but we've seen "bad Jeff" against both of them before.

I do think spacing and opportunity are a big part of it.  I remember a game when Rondo was out, Pierce and KG force fed the ball to Green who initiated the offense.  The offense was run through Green and he was given picks, he got some easy layups and his confidence was up and started hitting jumpers as well.

With Rondo he does nothing but sit in the corner and wait for pass for a 3 point shot. 

When Green isn't regulated to standing in a spot as a shooter, and he gets some opportunities, he is able to play much more aggressively and surprise surprise, he looks a lot better.

That being said, spacing is also definitely a factor.  Last night he had a monster dunk because there was no one in the paint as KG and Pierce spread out their front court so he got an opportunity for an easy dunk.

I expect Doc to try to take advantage of KG/Pierce/Green more and more.

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 10:24:25 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I love this - how many of the people here have been saying we play better without Rondo?

All the Rondo fanboys have argued absolutely that this won't happen, and that we will suck and epically fail without Rondo.

Now that Rondo is gone and we are clearly playing better, the Rondo fans turn the blame on to Doc.

Sorry guys but Rondo is out, Doc is still coaching us, and we're playing better.

We should revisit this after the Celts match the playoff success they had with Rondo last year, or at minimum finish out the regular season as well as we did last year.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Jeff Green? "HE DA BEST"
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I would temper all this spacing with the fact it was the magic who have only won 13 games.  But I too hope it continues.
This.  I enjoyed watching Green take advantage of the hideous Orlando defense in the paint. I was watching that Mexican guy when he was in, and noticed him out of position multiple times leaving gaping lanes to the rim for Green.