Author Topic: Offensive Spacing and Jeff Green  (Read 5906 times)

Re: Offensive Spacing and Jeff Green
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 01:03:00 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't think it's floor spacing. It just sometimes Green comes to play, sometimes he doesn't.

Well, since January... 49% from the field for 9 points off the bench. Good month.

That is a good month, but he had two months where he shot 41 and 42%. Sometimes he plays, sometimes he doesn't

yeah well everybody has to show up every night now. no more dogging it not earning that fat paycheck.

I know, if the guys out there had been playing as hard and with as much focus and intensity as the are now all year we'd be a top 2-3 seed right now.

Exactly.

I'm a little confused how fans are glossing over the fact some Celtics weren't giving this effort before the injury.

That's completely false.

Bradley was giving you effort every game, Lee was giving you the effort every game, Sully was giving you the effort every game, KG was giving you the effort every game, Terry has given you the effort we want from him for a while (simply missing shots), Green has been off and on, but he's been quite productive in since January.

Bass and Pierce are the only question marks for me, but there's a reason why the bench has been quite consistent this month with small dosages of KG inserted to balance the big man rotation out.

Rondo's been giving you effort every game as well. If he's fair game so it the rest of the team. You don't think the guys are running harder on the break now, or moving around more/faster on offense, or showing more focus on defense lately? You haven't noticed any more energy than usual the last 2-3 games?

Heck, even if you can't see it Terry actually *said* that the wings were going to run harder so they could play more in transition.

Lol, rondo didn't give the same consistent effort as the guys the other poster named. Do you watch the games or do you just read the stats afterwards because that's how it seems with some of your comments.

...so says the guy who's gone from saying that the rest of the team hustled and Rondo didn't to claiming that the other guys were sleepwalking some of the time but it was Rondo's fault in the course of a few games. You're in no position to claim an abundance of credibility when you talk about hustle and effort.

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 01:11:19 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
I don't think it's floor spacing. It just sometimes Green comes to play, sometimes he doesn't.

Well, since January... 49% from the field for 9 points off the bench. Good month.

That is a good month, but he had two months where he shot 41 and 42%. Sometimes he plays, sometimes he doesn't

yeah well everybody has to show up every night now. no more dogging it not earning that fat paycheck.

I know, if the guys out there had been playing as hard and with as much focus and intensity as the are now all year we'd be a top 2-3 seed right now.

Exactly.

I'm a little confused how fans are glossing over the fact some Celtics weren't giving this effort before the injury.

That's completely false.

Bradley was giving you effort every game, Lee was giving you the effort every game, Sully was giving you the effort every game, KG was giving you the effort every game, Terry has given you the effort we want from him for a while (simply missing shots), Green has been off and on, but he's been quite productive in since January.

Bass and Pierce are the only question marks for me, but there's a reason why the bench has been quite consistent this month with small dosages of KG inserted to balance the big man rotation out.

Rondo's been giving you effort every game as well. If he's fair game so it the rest of the team. You don't think the guys are running harder on the break now, or moving around more/faster on offense, or showing more focus on defense lately? You haven't noticed any more energy than usual the last 2-3 games?

Heck, even if you can't see it Terry actually *said* that the wings were going to run harder so they could play more in transition.

Other than Rondo has been playing lazy defense since before the injuries, and that's just the starting point.

I applaud Rondo's ability to play hurt, and do consider him a warrior of sorts in the way he can play hurt as he's shown in the playoffs. But one thing doesn't go with the other.

He's also shown the ability to play hurt during the season, and he rarely if ever talks about what ailments he has.

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 01:11:30 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Lol, rondo didn't give the same consistent effort as the guys the other poster named. Do you watch the games or do you just read the stats afterwards because that's how it seems with some of your comments.

...so says the guy who's gone from saying that the rest of the team hustled and Rondo didn't to claiming that the other guys were sleepwalking some of the time but it was Rondo's fault in the course of a few games. You're in no position to claim an abundance of credibility when you talk about hustle and effort.

You're putting words in my mouth. Anybody can make someone else look stupid doing that. I said the guys the poster named played with more consistent energy than rondo.

I didn't say they didn't sometimes sleepwalk when rondo was pounding the ball for the whole shotclock. I also didn't say rondo never played with any energy. Hes just had more nights where he looked disinterested than most.

You wanna talk about credibility, you lost that completely when you tried to say rondo played with energy every night. Anybody who watches the games knows that is far from the truth.

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Exactly.

That's completely false.

Other than Rondo has been playing lazy defense since before the injuries, and that's just the starting point.

I applaud Rondo's ability to play hurt, and do consider him a warrior of sorts in the way he can play hurt as he's shown in the playoffs. But one thing doesn't go with the other.

He's also shown the ability to play hurt during the season, and he rarely if ever talks about what ailments he has.

Huh? Don't know what this has to do with anything I said or how it matters in any shape or form.

Agreed that he's a warrior, and used the playoffs in particular as an example of it. Don't care one way or another, his effort has been subpar this season regardless of playing hurt or not.

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Exactly.

That's completely false.

You're putting words in my mouth. Anybody can make someone else look stupid doing that. I said the guys the poster named played with more consistent energy than rondo.

I didn't say they didn't sometimes sleepwalk when rondo was pounding the ball for the whole shotclock. I also didn't say rondo never played with any energy. Hes just had more nights where he looked disinterested than most.

You wanna talk about credibility, you lost that completely when you tried to say rondo played with energy every night. Anybody who watches the games knows that is far from the truth.

Go back and find me some of your older posts where you talk about other players sleepwalking when Rondo's pounding the ball during the entire shot clock. I must have missed those posts.

Better yet, after you do that you might want to consider, if we were talking about anyone other than Rondo, whether the other players sleepwalking on offense might *force* Rondo to keep pounding the ball because, and this is just a thought, he's waiting for someone to get open or make a cut or something.

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rondo is the issue. Always wanting the ball in his hands, yelling at guys to give it to him , you can't concentrate to do your thing.

Only when there is 10 seconds left and you get the ball from Rondo, you better score

« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2013, 03:54:05 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
partially, I feel like part of the problem and the reason for our resurgance of guys who were struggling like Terry/Green

is that offensively they are finally playing them in roles they are most comfortable with.and I partially blame that on Doc Rivers.

look, Terry is Thriving with the ball in his hands and running the pick and roll...instead of running him off screens like he's ray allen...who wouldve though! considering that is what he did in Dallas.

Green is thriving moving without the ball and driving on guys and given more shots...instead of standing at the 3 point line while Rondo pounds the ball for 20 seconds.

are we a better team without Rondo?? No...but unfortunately it took him getting injured for Doc to stop trying to fit square pegs into a round hole and let guys play like they are accustomed to on offense.

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Four straight games over double digits and 50%+ shooting.  It's hard not to like this version of Jeff Green.

Yeah.  It's just hard at this point to pinpoint what makes Jeff Green play well and what makes him disappear.  I don't have confidence on any given night predicting which Jeff we'll get.

Maybe it's selective memory, but I do feel like he's had good games more frequently lately compared to the beginning of the season.  It could be that he's still gradually working his way back from the heart surgery, and we can expect to see him become more consistent over time. 

But with Jeff Green, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

Green is starting to string together multiple good games in a row.  He wasn't doing this earlier; he couldn't put three straight good performances together.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes