Author Topic: Jason terry for Brewer and Mosgov?  (Read 1188 times)

Jason terry for Brewer and Mosgov?
« on: February 01, 2013, 07:06:04 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Good fit for both teams. Works on NBA2k13.  ;D
I like Marcus Smart

Re: Jason terry for Brewer and Mosgov?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
More sf depth? At this point we need a 4 and the 5 and Terry's immensely more valuable to this team without rondo
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:13:40 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Heck, yes. Brewer's having a good season and would give the Cs some needed SF depth, and Mozgov would help fill what has now become an even bigger area of need (pardon the pun).

At 6-9, Brewer has great length for a SF, and he's averaging 11 points. Pretty good for a third-string 3.

Mozgov brings great size and good rim protection.

And we'd still have Bradley, Lee, and Barbosa at the guard spots.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
No...

We just lost a PG and a PF.  Why would we give up one of the guys we have who can ctually play PG in a trade that doesn't net us a PG or PF in return?  That just makes no sense at all.

I'd rather call up Melo rather then ditch one of our backcourt players (which we now need all of) in return for a 3rd string center.

When we had Rondo we had an excess of backcourt players - 5 guys to fill four spots (starting PG, starting SG, backup PG, backup SG).  Now that Rondo is gone we have 4 guys to fill four spots.  If we lose Terry and don't get a guard back, then we have three guys to fill four spots.  One of those guys gets hurt and we have no backup guards at all.

Horrible, horrible idea.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
No...

We just lost a PG and a PF.  Why would we give up one of the guys we have who can ctually play PG in a trade that doesn't net us a PG or PF in return?  That just makes no sense at all.

I'd rather call up Melo rather then ditch one of our backcourt players (which we now need all of) in return for a 3rd string center.

When we had Rondo we had an excess of backcourt players - 5 guys to fill four spots (starting PG, starting SG, backup PG, backup SG).  Now that Rondo is gone we have 4 guys to fill four spots.  If we lose Terry and don't get a guard back, then we have three guys to fill four spots.  One of those guys gets hurt and we have no backup guards at all.

Horrible, horrible idea.

Jason Terry is not a PG. He is a pure SG; he's just undersized (not to mention he's not that great of a defender).

Brewer is a great defender and is averaging more points than Terry. Bradley, Lee, and Brewer is an amazing defensive tandem. He can also play some SG in some cases. He's quick on his feet and will only help our defense.

The offense is NOT running through Jason Terry; it will run through Pierce (who is one of the best point forwards in the league) and KG.

Mosgov brings great interior defense. PF and C do not matter as much given our situation. It is better to have a pure center than the hole we have now. Besides, look at our roster. Wilcox is the only player capable of playing backup center minutes. I agree that we should bring Melo up, but Mosgov is a proven NBA center that will only help us.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 09:49:54 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
CUT THE TRADE TALK.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:18 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Like the idea of this trade.  But would Terry fit in Denver's rotation?