Author Topic: what's wrong with the training/medical staff  (Read 1887 times)

Re: what's wrong with the training/medical staff
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 07:15:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Absolutely nothing.

BOS's just going through yet another spate of injuries.

Can't blame the medical staff for that.

This team just needs to circle the wagons and play through it, as tough as it seems.

Fair enough just seems like there is a track record developing here....the injuries may not be on them but they can't originally diagnose them correctly as far as I'm concerned

As frustrating as it seems, look at The Lakers.

They traded Drew for Dwight...and now it seems as if that was a bad move.

DH is just getting banged up, and just doesn't seem like himself since last yr.

ATL lost Lou W.

We aren't the only ones suffering. But it seems tougher, since we've seemingly been through this since 08-09.

This is true, but the difference is that for Boston it has happened every season. 

Leon Powe, KG, Marquis, Shaq, Perk, JO, Jeff Green, Wilcox, Rondo, Sully...it seems like every single season since the big era we have lost at least one player to season ending injuries.

I can't think of any other team that has been that unlucky.  Portland might come close, but many of their setbacks were to the same injury prone players (Oden, Roy). 

For us it's a different player every time, and it's not like it's always players with a high risk either.  You can argue KG, Shaq and JO were old, that Sully, Marquis were injury prone, that Perkins bangs alot under the rim...but how about Rondo, Jeff Green?  Both young guys with a good history of health, both lost for the season seemingly out of nowhere.

I swear this team is cursed!

Team's not cursed, my friend.

Honestly, if this team doesn't win 18 this year, I'm good.

There have been TOO MANY good memories, for me - this being one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA68oLth8EY

BOS simply took the Lakers out back to the shed in that game.

Loved it.

As bad as it may seem - this season's not over, yet.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Absolutely nothing.

This team just needs to circle the wagons and play through it, as tough as it seems.

Fair enough just seems like there is a track record developing here....the injuries may not be on them but they can't originally diagnose them correctly as far as I'm concerned

I have always felt it is less the medical staff and more the way the Celts communicate about the injuries. They might be better off acting like the Patriots and saying nothing about injuries.

That's a separate issue. You can argue either way on what they tell people. If Shaq looks like he's progressing and then re-injures his leg you can't really kill them for not anticipating future setbacks. (you can, of course, but you know what I mean)

A bigger issue is misdiagnosing the health of incoming players. My biggest issue is Raef Lafrenz. People slam Danny for trading for a player with bad knees. Without discussing whether Danny *should* get the blame, it's not like he was poring over x-rays deciding how healthy Raef was. Even worse, they shut Raef down during a season for knee surgery because they felt that he'd be back to form after the procedure. How did that work out?

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Absolutely nothing ... Boston has easily one of the top five training and medical staffs in the NBA. Seriously ... this is a non-issue, and one of the more surprising threads I've seen in a while. I guess I can see where someone might get this inclination, but trust me, this is one area where this club is not under-achieving.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 07:48:09 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Absolutely nothing.

As frustrating as it seems, look at The Lakers.

They traded Drew for Dwight...and now it seems as if that was a bad move.

DH is just getting banged up, and just doesn't seem like himself since last yr.

ATL lost Lou W.

We aren't the only ones suffering. But it seems tougher, since we've seemingly been through this since 08-09.

This is true, but the difference is that for Boston it has happened every season. 

Leon Powe, KG, Marquis, Shaq, Perk, JO, Jeff Green, Wilcox, Rondo, Sully...it seems like every single season since the big era we have lost at least one player to season ending injuries.

I can't think of any other team that has been that unlucky.  Portland might come close, but many of their setbacks were to the same injury prone players (Oden, Roy). 

For us it's a different player every time, and it's not like it's always players with a high risk either.  You can argue KG, Shaq and JO were old, that Sully, Marquis were injury prone, that Perkins bangs alot under the rim...but how about Rondo, Jeff Green?  Both young guys with a good history of health, both lost for the season seemingly out of nowhere.

I swear this team is cursed!

What kind of curse gives the C's 17 championships?

Injuries happen to everybody.

Bulls fans probably think the injury to Rose cheated them out of a championship last year.

Houston fans probably thought the Yao Ming/Tracy McGrady combo should have delivered a couple of championships.  How many healthy seasons did they have together?

Spurs fans could have been looking at a championship in 2009 if Manu wasn’t injured.

I wonder what Portland fans think about Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, and Darius Miles career ending injuries?  They're still not over Sam Bowie, a healthy Sam Bowie might have at least turned their 2 Finals appearances into at least 2 championships.

Miami fans probably think they could have repeated in 2007 if Shaq and Wade weren’t injured.  And they were probably still stinging from having their championship dreams killed in 2001 when Mourning was out for the year.

Phoenix fans probably think they could have  won it all in 2006 if they had Amare.

A team like New Jersery had nonstop problems for about 15 years.  Darryl Dawkins was injured multiple times pretty much ending his career,  Michael Ray Richardson was banned from the league, and Orlando Woolridge missed almost a full season due to drugs, Otis Birdsong had a season ending injury.  Drazen Petrovic died.  Years later when things start looking up, they have constant injuries to Jayson Williams, Keith Van Horn, Kerry Kittles, Kenyon Martin, Stephon Marbury, etc.

Things finally started looking up for the Clippers, then they lost Shaun Livingston and Elton Brand to season ending injuries.

Pretty much all teams deal with injuries.  I don’t think the Celtics are any more unlucky than the rest.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class