Author Topic: Post-Sully frontcourt rotation?  (Read 804 times)

Post-Sully frontcourt rotation?
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »

Offline TheRev72

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 29
Curious to see how Doc doles out the frontcourt minutes tonight and moving forward without Sully.

I'm presuming (praying?) Melo won't play yet and that Bass will start in Sully's place. Wilcox will need to see more minutes but still not sure he's ready for heavy use. Green will probably need to play more PF. Minimizing Collins should be a priority.

KG-30/Wilcox-9/Collins-9
Bass-30/Green-12/Wilcox-6
Pierce-35/Green-13

Basically, for now, I'd hope Doc would use a 3-man forward rotation with Bass, Pierce, and Green. Back up KG with Wilcox and, where needed, Collins. Wilcox can also play some PF if size becomes an issues.

The Celtics have to sign another PF or C now, right?

Re: Post-Sully frontcourt rotation?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I hope that we don't have to play PP 35 min a game the rest of the year.  That guy needs more rest, not more minutes.  Now ask me who is going to fill those minutes, I have no idea!  haha with Sully out, more JG at the 4 I guess. 

I am not a fan of Collins.  Just keep him in the cooler.  Hopefully Wilcox can ramp up the minutes soon.  Eh, who really knows.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would like Wilcox and Bass to share the power forward minutes. I'd like Wilcox to start and play 22-25mpg with Bass coming off the bench for 23-26mpg.

Kevin Garnett to continue at center and play 30mpg. There are no options behind him. I'd like to sign or acquire someone. Haddadi was mentioned in another thread. I think that would be a nice option for 20mpg. Until then, I suppose it's Jason Collins with Fab Melo maybe getting the odd opportunity.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 05:47:39 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Melo for a few minutes at times
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Anyone but Bass, I'm pretty much done with him, hopefully some team thinks he helps them and gives us back someone that wears shoes.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Anyone but Bass, I'm pretty much done with him, hopefully some team thinks he helps them and gives us back someone that wears shoes.

I suppose you didn't watch the Celtics last year or last game, he's just in a slump.

All players have slumps.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:17:38 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I hope we start Wilcox, as I've wanted since the beginning of the season. Scratch that, since last season.