Poll

What happens, now that Sully is out too?

12th seed
11th seed
10th seed
9th seed
First round exit
Second round exit
ECF exit
Finals exit

Author Topic: Poll: How far do we go?  (Read 2837 times)

Re: Poll: How far do we go?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 05:49:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I think I get what is happening now. Each time the Celtics lose a player for the year their chances improve.  ;D

Not significantly lower.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
We have many solid guys and should be able to make lots of noise in the second round and then the ECF vs Miami

Hmmmmmm yeah kg and pp didn't find the fountain of youth did they?

Check the stats, do they say KG and Pierce are significantly worse than last year? NO

Eye test says pierce is significantly worse.

They're also missing their best player and playoff performer, not Jeff green and Chris Wilcox

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 05:51:55 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I think I get what is happening now. Each time the Celtics lose a player for the year their chances improve.  ;D

Not significantly lower.

did you become a Celtics and NBA fan last season? Curious

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:52:11 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

Not significantly lower.

I think you are right. I think if one more guy gets hurt the Celts are a shoe-in for the championship. They have now lost their first or second best player and in my opinion their 4th best player, who is also their best rebounder. No problem.

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 05:59:20 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Not significantly lower.

I think you are right. I think if one more guy gets hurt the Celts are a shoe-in for the championship. They have now lost their first or second best player and in my opinion their 4th best player, who is also their best rebounder. No problem.

Haha - humor is good during these trying times.

At least we have AB, Jeff Green, and Wilcox healthy - these three were said to be difference makers for us last yr.....

...and now Rondo isn't here...

Guess it's time for others to step up, as impossible as it seems.

Doc is having to play Whack a Mole with this roster, now. He's done it before, so he's used to it.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 06:00:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Give it a chance, yeah.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 06:02:21 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
6th seed is the Charity line.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
What sucks is this team still has enough talent to be a playoff team with ZERO chance of winning the championship.

Wen need to make a trade that gets us out of the playoffs but helps us next year. ???

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 06:09:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we are dead in the water the blow up is coming folks.  If it doesn't come then DA needs fired.   We have zero chance to win a series with our injuries and w/o Rondo.

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 06:11:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
We have many solid guys and should be able to make lots of noise in the second round and then the ECF vs Miami

Hmmmmmm yeah kg and pp didn't find the fountain of youth did they?

Check the stats, do they say KG and Pierce are significantly worse than last year? NO

Eye test says pierce is significantly worse.

They're also missing their best player and playoff performer, not Jeff green and Chris Wilcox

Pierce is playing at about the same level as he was last year.
Last year he was an All-Star

Just because he has struggled past month doesn't mean he can't be as good.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm incredulous at the amount of people that don't think this team amounts to much.

I think many naysayers are up for a rude awakening about what this team is made of.

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 06:21:08 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
I'm incredulous at the amount of people that don't think this team amounts to much.

I think many naysayers are up for a rude awakening about what this team is made of.

They have a decent chance to get the 8th seed and a decent chance to finish 9th. 7th seed would be a long shot as would any lower than 9th. They lost their first or second best player in Rondo, and the best rebounder on the team. What am I missing? The front court consists of KG who is still a beast, but limited in minutes; Chris Wilcox who I love, but who has never been able to stay healthy; and Brandon Bass, a dwarf power forward. Again, what am I missing? What is the rude awakening I and everyone else is in for?

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

They have a decent chance to get the 8th seed and a decent chance to finish 9th. 7th seed would be a long shot as would any lower than 9th. They lost their first or second best player in Rondo, and the best rebounder on the team. What am I missing? The front court consists of KG who is still a beast, but limited in minutes; Chris Wilcox who I love, but who has never been able to stay healthy; and Brandon Bass, a dwarf power forward. Again, what am I missing? What is the rude awakening I and everyone else is in for?

There's a reason we got depth this year... and I find it funny the amount of panic when we're actually going to put that depth to use.

Our two majorly problems this year have been chemistry with Rondo (regardless of how you feel about Rondo being our best player on the team or not) and our perimeter defense.

Those two issues have been taken care off, and sadly it took Rondo getting injured for it to happen.

All that remain is to solidify our big man rotation, and we have two open roster spots available, but sorry if I don't get too down in a playoff series if I have to go with a 3-man rotation of KG-Bass-Wilcox with occasional minutes of Green, and then Collins against certain match-ups.

This is the best constructed team we've had in some years, and I'd argue the best constructed team in the KG era.

I see us playing elite defense going forward, and we'll be tough to beat when that happens. Do you think we won't be good defensively?

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

There's a reason we got depth this year... and I find it funny the amount of panic when we're actually going to put that depth to use.

Our two majorly problems this year have been chemistry with Rondo (regardless of how you feel about Rondo being our best player on the team or not) and our perimeter defense.

Those two issues have been taken care off, and sadly it took Rondo getting injured for it to happen.

All that remain is to solidify our big man rotation, and we have two open roster spots available, but sorry if I don't get too down in a playoff series if I have to go with a 3-man rotation of KG-Bass-Wilcox with occasional minutes of Green, and then Collins against certain match-ups.

This is the best constructed team we've had in some years, and I'd argue the best constructed team in the KG era.

I see us playing elite defense going forward, and we'll be tough to beat when that happens. Do you think we won't be good defensively?

They will be good defensively. That's about it. They will struggle to make the playoffs with the current roster. Depth made up of a lot of role players doesn't win championships or take you deep into the playoffs. I honestly have never seen anything like this in my life. Not specifically focused on you, but this is the only time I can remember a team losing two of its top 5-6 players and fans thinking they still have a good chance to win a championship. It really is mind-boggling.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

They have a decent chance to get the 8th seed and a decent chance to finish 9th. 7th seed would be a long shot as would any lower than 9th.

I am not real convinced about Milwaukee. I think that 7th seed is still up for grabs.

That 6th seed looks a lot harder to get. That might be more about Atlanta possibly faltering down the stretch than Boston's possible strong play.

I'd say the 6th seed is a long shot but the 7th seed is still well in sight but that is in large part because I have no confidence in the Milwaukee Bucks.