Author Topic: The straw that broke the camels back...no pun intended  (Read 2038 times)

The straw that broke the camels back...no pun intended
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I was against "blowing it up" as that never usually works out. I believed this team could still be very competetive and make a decent playoff run.

However, I feel this Sully injury sadly is going to force Ainge into a move. Not sure what it will be but when you lose two starters on a .500 team it's tough to sit still. Not sure what it will be but I can't see Danny NOT making a move now.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: The straw that broke the camels back...no pun intended
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:47:34 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Suddenly healthy players got their minutes, and Doc Rivers job became easier, we will keep the pace to .500 and got an early first tround exit.. again another boring season

Hope I am wrong.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
My mind is blown from these people that think we were still gonna be contenders without rondo! (even though we werent contenders with him) and now Sully goes down and thats the final straw..a bigger loss and so on...
I love sully but the camels back was already broken

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 05:22:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Big deal.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
I actually think Sully probably would have come back this season but management went ahead and told him to just get the surgery done so this back business can be done with.

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We should sign a center.  It would be nice to have a center.  Most teams have centers. 

Poor Darko bailed on us too early.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:07:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Blow it up, the gig is up.  Sooner we accept it and start the sooner we will gain assets.

I honestly don't think a C would help.  KG is better than most C in the league.  Lots of teams are stuck with a PF playing C these days.   What is this C you speak of?  There are maybe one or two in draft and a hand full in the league.   I don't see any that could help us.   Maybe Oden is he was healthy but that is not a good chance.

Darko was a dud and always has been.  He could not break into the rotation.   He looks like a player and was drafted high but he is very mediocre.

I hate the thought of losing PP and KG but I also would like to see them have a chance to win another title and block Ray!

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 06:23:50 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Looks like injuries are what's going to force Danny's hand.

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 06:26:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We were the classic tough on paper team derailed by injuries.  It was a helluva run!

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Glad you guys weren't storming the beaches of Normandy.  "Oh no they have guns, run home and try next year."

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I don't think so at all.  Sullinger's performance this year was a bonus; he's a rookie.  The whole thing wasn't riding on Sullinger.  No biggie.

Rondo...I think we're going to get to watch better basketball without him on the floor due to the talent of everyone else.  We lost one weapon and sharpened 4 others.  I think it's a net positive...

But if we can flip Rondo for Gortat and Dragic, I think we have a bit more than a puncher's chance.  We have a lot of talent that hasn't been used so far this year, save for a spurt here and there.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't think so at all.  Sullinger's performance this year was a bonus; he's a rookie.  The whole thing wasn't riding on Sullinger.  No biggie.

Rondo...I think we're going to get to watch better basketball without him on the floor due to the talent of everyone else.  We lost one weapon and sharpened 4 others.  I think it's a net positive...

But if we can flip Rondo for Gortat and Dragic, I think we have a bit more than a puncher's chance.  We have a lot of talent that hasn't been used so far this year, save for a spurt here and there.

If that is all we can get for Rondo I'll pass, thanks. I agree Rondo held the ball to much, but Doc could have stepped up and said something to him about it if he wanted too.

I'm betting by the trade dead line people are going to be saying "this sucks we have no PG, no one can bring the ball up!"

Once we start playing teams that are trying to win games, they will scout this and make life harder on us. And please don't give me the Miami game BS, even a fat chick gets laid once in a while.

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 09:49:39 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
We should sign a center.  It would be nice to have a center.  Most teams have centers. 

Poor Darko bailed on us too early.

KG says hello.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Calm down bros...
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!