Author Topic: Rondo for Reddick??  (Read 5473 times)

Re: Rondo for Reddick??
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 05:20:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't think Orlando would do it.  Rondo might never play again.

ridculous notion
Is it, though?... is it? Ricky Rubio is having a disaster of a season and Derrick Rose has yet to even return.  Rondo has no trade value at this point.  Rondo's on the books for two more seasons.  I don't think anyone would give up an expiring contract for him and take the risk that he'll return to form.  I think some people already saw him as overrated and a product of his system.  You aren't going to get a blue chipper like JJ Reddick for him at this point.

/reversejinx

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »

Offline traderondo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
OK, awful idea I guess.  My point is that in the next few weeks we will see if the Celtics are better, worse, or the same without Rondo as they are with him.  If we are better, or even the same, there is no reason to keep him. 

So if the Celtics continue to play well without him I wouldn't be surprised if is is traded despite his injury.  Maybe work out a trade for Demarcus Cousins instead.  His name has been thrown around in trade talks but I haven;t seen Rondo's name in it.  If we throw Rondo in the equation, maybe that will get us closer to a deal. 

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well if DA trades 4 time all star RR for Reddick then he should be fired (as all of those other ridiculous threads are calling for.)

But since there is a brain in DA's head, no we don't trade Rondo for Reddick.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

ridculous notion
Is it, though?... is it? Ricky Rubio is having a disaster of a season and Derrick Rose has yet to even return.  Rondo has no trade value at this point.  Rondo's on the books for two more seasons.  I don't think anyone would give up an expiring contract for him and take the risk that he'll return to form.  I think some people already saw him as overrated and a product of his system.  You aren't going to get a blue chipper like JJ Reddick for him at this point.

/reversejinx

Rubio hasnt been back long
Derrick Rose wasnt suppose to be back yet? im very intrigued to see him when he does
Shumpert just returned from one
nevermind the nfl success story this year in adrian peterson with the injury

Rondo will be back

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
 :o
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 05:26:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
this is a new low...

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
OK, awful idea I guess.  My point is that in the next few weeks we will see if the Celtics are better, worse, or the same without Rondo as they are with him.  If we are better, or even the same, there is no reason to keep him. 

So if the Celtics continue to play well without him I wouldn't be surprised if is is traded despite his injury.  Maybe work out a trade for Demarcus Cousins instead.  His name has been thrown around in trade talks but I haven;t seen Rondo's name in it.  If we throw Rondo in the equation, maybe that will get us closer to a deal.

Wrong. if we play better we should go forward with the thought process we will be even better with rondo...period

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Rondo for Reddick?   Are you crazy?   That is one of the worst trades ever seen in Celtic's Blog you have to be joking?????

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm guessing we'll be filing this one with "there's no way Howard won't end up with the Nets" or "the Lakers will win 70+ games".

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

We'll see if the Celts are better, worse, or the same without Rondo in the playoffs.

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

ridculous notion

/reversejinx

I'm confused how anyone would think the starting PG for the all-start team, a triple-double machine is overrated with his contract about $10 mill a year? That is short dollars in NBA money!

Bad trade idea and I'm a big Redick fan.

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 05:58:59 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
Or to transition the thread...If the Celtics play significantly better without Rondo before the trade deadline I don't see how Ainge wouldn't try trading him.  My question is what would it take?  If Reddick is involved, what else would you need.  OR what team out there is in need of a great PG that has something we could use?

Here's what i would need since it's a ridiculous trade speculation:

Boston gets:
Redick
Afflalo
Vucevic
Billups
'14 1st Rd (knicks)
11 mill trade exception

Magic gets:
Rondo
Bass

Clippers get:
Terry
'15 2nd Rd (lakers)

Hopefully the Orlando GM is really intoxicated when we call!

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
LoLoLoL
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
jeez
DKC Suns

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »

Offline Bahku