Author Topic: Open roster spots: sign KMart?  (Read 9486 times)

Re: We now have 4 open roster spots , sign KMart?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 07:07:54 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm thinking someone like Danny Fortson right now.

Naw . .. I'm sure Danny & co have a short list of guys they're ready to call in.

WHAT!!!! :D ROFTL!

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 07:11:00 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I heard Robert Parrish is looking for work.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I have not been on the bring in KMart idea until today. I just did not see the guy that tormented Walker and Pierce so many years ago, wearing Green.

Now, I have definitely changed my mind. Yes, he is 35, and yes, he is not the same player that he was years ago. But he does have a nasty streak and knows how to rebound. KG and Kmart could ruffle some feathers in the playoffs and we are not beating teams like Miami/Chicago/Knicks without feather rufflers.

I say do it, 2002 is a long time and I will embrace Kmart with open arms if he can help us intimidate and win.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Instead of an injury-prone player, why not suggest someone who has the positive trait of usually being healthy?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 07:29:04 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Instead of an injury-prone player, why not suggest someone who has the positive trait of usually being healthy?

Ask Jeff Green and RR about that... doesn't seem to matter whether they are always hurt or healthy their entire career before they got here, people just fall like flies here.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
We only have 2 open roster spots.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 08:29:52 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
There's a reason why players like Kmart and Delonte West still can't find work even though they clearly can still contribute significantly to an NBA team, contender or not.  But given what has transpired this past week, I wouldn't mind giving Kmart a shot.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:54:43 PM by SCeltic34 »

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 08:51:28 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I have not been on the bring in KMart idea until today. I just did not see the guy that tormented Walker and Pierce so many years ago, wearing Green.

Now, I have definitely changed my mind. Yes, he is 35, and yes, he is not the same player that he was years ago. But he does have a nasty streak and knows how to rebound. KG and Kmart could ruffle some feathers in the playoffs and we are not beating teams like Miami/Chicago/Knicks without feather rufflers.

I say do it, 2002 is a long time and I will embrace Kmart with open arms if he can help us intimidate and win.

Yeah that's basically my thinking on it as well. Nothing wrong with a 10 day contract for the guy, right? See how he fits in, etc.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:04 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I bet KG wants no part of K Mart doesn't seem like the type of guy that would jive with KG

I'm not sure why you would think so. Martin plays really hard. He'd have more of an issue with a guy who simply doesn't care (i.e. Patrick O'Bryant)

This is back in 2010, but I find Martin's thoughts interesting and very respectful.

“I’ve watched KG a few times and I’m like…he’s just trying to gut it out. He’s not ready yet but…he’s stuck it out. That’s why he’s somebody’s trying to get this team…to go out and lead by example and get the rest of them guys to see…if I’m hurt playing this way, then you guys need to pick it up. There’s a respect factor going on. But they’re a [dang] good team still.”

From a distance, Kenyon Martin sees the leadership and sacrifice of Kevin Garnett. Martin understands that he himself is not so young anymore. He will rest as much as possible before seeing how much he can contribute come playoff time.

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Don't we still have two?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
we needed a big BEFORE sully went down. collins sux. wilcox has been unimpressive. we need TWO bigs now basically. sigh. really gonna miss sullys boards.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Ask Jeff Green and RR about that... doesn't seem to matter whether they are always hurt or healthy their entire career before they got here, people just fall like flies here.

Heck even Melo got injured walking through a door. Even backup guys like Peaches, Arroyo, Erden, Dooling.. Heck Scal!

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I would rather sign a young player. Haddadi works for me.
Me too. 7-2 is great for me.

Is Toronto likely to waive him?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We don't have 4 roster spots. We have two. This is not the NFL.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
We don't have 4 roster spots. We have two. This is not the NFL.
yup, my mistake. It has been pointed out multiple times in this thread. ;)