Author Topic: Rondo says to Max: I'll be back in 2 weeks"  (Read 9542 times)

Re: Rondo says to Max: I'll be back in 2 weeks"
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 08:26:34 PM »

Offline SPFLD-Hoop

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
SOME of you want to blame Rondo for this teams woes...but WHEN was the last time AN YONE ran with Rondo...who was that....TONY ALLEN....WHY..because THAT is how DOC runs it....TA.= GONE..okay....who play and runs with rondo..no one....PP, KG..overplayed...as in "too much playing time, how long till another injury" about as long as it takes deval patrick to come up with snother tax..! Bradley rAN WITH rONDO...BUT DOC DIDN'T PLAY THEM TOGETHER.....hmmmm, commonality here....DOC = problem..!

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 08:54:41 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Yes, Rondo has been underachieving this season (I did a thread before about it), but I don't doubt his statement at all. After this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Uz_VZSaok

I was all in tears, and that made me believe we still have a strong chance for #18 in the next years to come. #CelticNation
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 09:03:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Years I come? This is the year.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:16 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Years I come? This is the year.

I meant since 2011, the future years count as last year & the present year
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 03:54:58 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
But another thing, I'm confused how he was walking so regular like nothing was wrong with him at the end of the game. Of all the torn ACL's I've seen the athlete is on crutches or limping..

I guess we'll have to wait and see..

I fully tore my acl and part of my meniscus almost 2 years ago, and I walked around on it for 3 months before I got surgery.

ouch.  was it painful getting around before you had surgery?  so how did your recovery go?

It wasn't so much painful, as it was uncomfortable. Couldn't run far, or play ball outside of set shots. Walked with a bit of a limp, but outside of twisting, pivoting, turning on a dime, it didn't hurt much. Jumping just didn't happen though

ACL's are funny like that. You can go on without getting it taken care of, and live a full life, if your not an athlete of any sort. Your knee just kind of fills up with blood, so it just kind of acts like a cushion where the ligament used to be. Weird, huh?

As for the recovery, the first 2 weeks after surgery were just awful, pain-wise. But physical therapy was great. Hard, but great. I could really feel it getting stronger by the day. I had a setback with my meniscus about 6 months after, so that added to the recovery time. But I'm still doing exorcises, and I'm still not close to where I was before, although I can run and jump now. It's just stiffens up easily, and swells.

But I don't have Rondo's doctors, or work ethic. He'll be fine, sooner, rather than later. I'm not a good example.
I just tore mine two weeks ago, complete tear.
(jumped for rebound, my knee bent backwards when i landed, but i did get the rebound  ;D)
starting PT next week.
I didn't realize how common injury it is.

Any good advice you can share?

You felt the pop, didn't you? That pop will be implanted in my memory forever. Did you get surgery? The advice I can give if your getting surgery is, the first week just plain sucks. Lot of pain and medication-induced babbling. Just get through that.

Surgery or no surgery, though, just do your PT as much as possible every day. And months down the road if you feel ready to play a game of ball again, don't go ham, or even play. Wait until your past ready (I know how eager one can be to get back on the court).

Prime example: I waited until the 6 month window was closed (doc said 6 months until I could attempt to even play, took him literally), and played a game of 50, feeling good, feeling great, shooting without pain. I jump for a rebound, land just a liiiitle awkwardy, and bam, re-tore m lateral meniscus. So don't be like me lol, just wait. I know how hard it can be,  but the worst possible thing is a setback.

My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
SOME of you want to blame Rondo for this teams woes...but WHEN was the last time AN YONE ran with Rondo...who was that....TONY ALLEN....WHY..because THAT is how DOC runs it....TA.= GONE..okay....who play and runs with rondo..no one....PP, KG..overplayed...as in "too much playing time, how long till another injury" about as long as it takes deval patrick to come up with snother tax..! Bradley rAN WITH rONDO...BUT DOC DIDN'T PLAY THEM TOGETHER.....hmmmm, commonality here....DOC = problem..!
To be fair, Tony was the last great transition player to play beside Rondo.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:40 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

First of all, please type like anormal person and use some type of human grammar, because that post was barely readable.

Secondly Lee, Terry, Green and Wilcox all run in transition when Rondo pushes the ball.  Even KG and Pierce often run out in transition with him.

Rondo just refuses to pass the ball in transition unless it's to Pierce or KG...if he doesn't have a guaranteed shot himself, he slows it down and resets.

MANY times I've seen Lee, Green or Terry run with Rondo on the break and setup wide open at the three point line, no defender within 10 metres, and Rondo stops and slows it down.  Or he takes a contested layup and misses it horribly - then complains he didn't get a foul, bumps the ref and gets suspended.

Pietrus also ran a lot with Rondo last season. 

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

First of all, please type like anormal person and use some type of human grammar, because that post was barely readable.

Secondly Lee, Terry, Green and Wilcox all run in transition when Rondo pushes the ball.  Even KG and Pierce often run out in transition with him.

Rondo just refuses to pass the ball in transition unless it's to Pierce or KG...if he doesn't have a guaranteed shot himself, he slows it down and resets.

This isn't true at all. Rondo passes the ball up court when there's a good opportunity to the point that he often forces passes he shouldn't make. How many times this year has he thrown long passes that either got tipped or intercepted or the target of the pass couldn't handle it and it went out of bounds? Hint: those guys outrunning everyone and getting into the lane when Rondo's still in the backcourt? It's generally *not* PP or KG.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

I miss Pietrus :(
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

MANY times I've seen Lee, Green or Terry run with Rondo on the break and setup wide open at the three point line, no defender within 10 metres, and Rondo stops and slows it down.  Or he takes a contested layup and misses it horribly - then complains he didn't get a foul, bumps the ref and gets suspended.

That's absolutely untrue, Rondo refuses to shoot on the breaks no matter how wide open, he constantly forces the pass unless he's a got Nate Robinson type mismatch.  And out of the Big 3, Ray probably got the most fastbreak opportunities from Rondo.  The only reason KG gets so many is because when he's ahead of the play he's usually got a smaller guy guarding him.  You have absolutely no basis for saying Rondo is prejudice on the break.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Get him on the Ray Lewis deer urine plan!

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Get him on the Ray Lewis deer urine plan!

Well, it's actually deer antler velvet, not urine.  Who's gonna drink urine?

But, yeah, if Rondo can stand to consume a couple thousand bottles daily of that stuff, sure.