Author Topic: Danny should be fired.  (Read 6880 times)

Re: Danny should be fired.
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
We should have traded up and gotten Austin Rivers. He would have contributed immediately without the injuries.

good lord almighty! SMH.
TP! Austin Rivers?lol

Back atcha!  ;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i would still try to trade for austin considering he has upside

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 10:27:56 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
i'd rather have e'twaun back than him. playing better all around this season.

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 11:00:55 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

A shooting guard that is shooting 33% from the field and 55% from the free throw line?

What upside is there to a shooting guard that cant shoot?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 11:26:27 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Wow.

So when he was doing GREAT its all fine and dandy. But now he's hurt and all of a sudden he's a bad pick?

I guess the Clips management should get fired too when they drafted Blake Griffin and he did not play the entire year.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2013, 01:55:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol this thread is funny. 

Seems like just yesterday we were arguing about whether Jared Sullinger should be considered as valuable as a lottery pic in an imaginary trade for DeMarcus Cousins.  ANd now here we are... arguing that Danny Ainge should be fired for even taking him as a late 1st rounder. 

You remember those days?... when fans were arguing that they would nevah give up Sully for Josh Smith... and I'm all like, "Ya, but like... lets pretend Sully actually HAD been drafted as a lotto pick.  At most he's as valuable as Meyers Leonard, right?... someone who was actually taken 11th?... wouldn't you give up Meyers Leonard for Josh Smith?" and guys were all like, "Nah it's totes different... Sully be way more valuable than Meyers Leonard!".  I miss those days :(

I'd check Sully's and Leonard's stats before I started bragging about that one.

why?  One has a chronic back problem and the other is averaging like 4 points and 3 boards.  Neither is valuable enough to land Josh Smith.  That was my point.  Some Celtics fans argued otherwise...  that Sully was way too much to give up for Smith. 

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
lol this thread is funny. 

Seems like just yesterday we were arguing about whether Jared Sullinger should be considered as valuable as a lottery pic in an imaginary trade for DeMarcus Cousins.  ANd now here we are... arguing that Danny Ainge should be fired for even taking him as a late 1st rounder. 

You remember those days?... when fans were arguing that they would nevah give up Sully for Josh Smith... and I'm all like, "Ya, but like... lets pretend Sully actually HAD been drafted as a lotto pick.  At most he's as valuable as Meyers Leonard, right?... someone who was actually taken 11th?... wouldn't you give up Meyers Leonard for Josh Smith?" and guys were all like, "Nah it's totes different... Sully be way more valuable than Meyers Leonard!".  I miss those days :(

I'd check Sully's and Leonard's stats before I started bragging about that one.

why?  One has a chronic back problem and the other is averaging like 4 points and 3 boards.  Neither is valuable enough to land Josh Smith.  That was my point.  Some Celtics fans argued otherwise...  that Sully was way too much to give up for Smith.
As someone who questioned sending out Sully for Josh, my reasoning on the deals I saw was that we were giving way too much in addition to Sully to get Smith.  Throw in the fact I find Smith to have a low BBIQ (Sully seems to have a pretty good one) where he just seems to make way too many bone-headed plays for someone who will also be looking for a max (or very near max) contract after this year. 

as for comparing Sully to Leonard.  Sully wins that discussion.  not even close.