Author Topic: Danny should be fired.  (Read 6872 times)

Re: Danny should be fired.
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 07:22:53 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Danny should be extended ten more yrs as The Boston Celtic's GM.

Not his fault for Sully. If I were Danny, I would've picked Jared Sullinger, too - no question.

Sully will be back next yr - better than ever, and this period will be behind him.

obviously, the sulliger pick is not a reason to fire danny ainge.  but what has the guy done since the championship season?

i'm not an anti danny guy,  but there is an argument to be made that there have been some really bad decisions putting together the teams since they won the title.

What arguments do you have?

Let me help:

Jermaine O'Neal.

Tony Allen.

Keeping Ray.

Rasheed Wallace for 3 yrs.

MarShon Brooks for JaJuan Johnson.

Sheed cost us #18, IMO.  A non-lazy player during the season (instead of Sheed) would have put that game 7, and the title, in Boston instead of LA.  He thought he could turn it on without conditioning, and he failed the team (who failed him for letting him get away with such a BS season).

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 07:26:56 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
For drafting Sullinger. Everyone new this kid had an issue and he wasted a pick on him. Our medical staff should get the axe as well. You never fully recover from a back injury. We are Celtics fans here, remember Bird? Once a back goes, no matter the age of the individual, it is gone. We are toast because of this. Meanwhile Well run teams like the Thunder get Perry Jones in the draft.

Danny this is on your head.

::)
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
We should have traded up and gotten Austin Rivers. He would have contributed immediately without the injuries.

« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 07:36:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Danny should be extended ten more yrs as The Boston Celtic's GM.

Not his fault for Sully. If I were Danny, I would've picked Jared Sullinger, too - no question.

Sully will be back next yr - better than ever, and this period will be behind him.

obviously, the sulliger pick is not a reason to fire danny ainge.  but what has the guy done since the championship season?

i'm not an anti danny guy,  but there is an argument to be made that there have been some really bad decisions putting together the teams since they won the title.

What arguments do you have?

Let me help:

Jermaine O'Neal.

Tony Allen.

Keeping Ray.

Rasheed Wallace for 3 yrs.

MarShon Brooks for JaJuan Johnson.

Sheed cost us #18, IMO.  A non-lazy player during the season (instead of Sheed) would have put that game 7, and the title, in Boston instead of LA.  He thought he could turn it on without conditioning, and he failed the team (who failed him for letting him get away with such a BS season).

Well, JO played well while healthy...I know "while healthy" was a stretch, but I remember him and KG playing well together defensively vs NY in the playoffs that yr.

JO's play/health was not the sole reason (or even a credible reason) for BOS's success/failure in 10-11 - Rondo going down vs Wade was perhaps the last shoe to drop.

TA? Not sure what you have pro/against TA...are you saying Danny should've signed him long-term or what?

I thought it was TA's choice to leave?

Ray Allen? Are you pro or against Ray? What other trades/rumors were out there that would've brought us back good enough talent - especially the way Ray Allen is playing now?

He's definitely helping MIA.

Sheed? Even with him perhaps mailing it in the reg season, his play was key in the playoffs...that one 17 pt game vs CLE on the road was HUGE.

Sheed's play in that game 7 vs Lakers that yr was courageous, too.

JJ over Marshon? No disrespect, but Marshon isn't playing much in BKN right now, I don't think..

I believe Danny has done a FINE job as GM, all things considered. I hope he's in BOS for the foreseeable future, myself.

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
We should have traded up and gotten Austin Rivers. He would have contributed immediately without the injuries.

Really? He of the 37.7 eFG%? He may be good in the future but he isn't contributing anything to any team right now. Wow.

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Now that I think about it Danny should definitely be praised for this. He made the right decision for Sully's future. Btw think about it like this... he was playing through back pain the last few weeks. Imagine how good he could be post surgery with no pain.

If we had continued to play him the injury could have gotten worse and effected Sully much more down the road. Thanks for thinking of the future Danny

« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Celtics didnt have nothing to lose with picking Sully in the 20's..who else was available that is doing any good so far??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2013, 08:54:03 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
wrong thread

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2013, 08:56:52 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Celtics didnt have nothing to lose with picking Sully in the 20's..who else was available that is doing any good so far??

Not much!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2013, 09:08:59 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Really? Fire Danny? Danny is not to blame at all for anything except bring the expectations of success back to the Celtics. I think Danny Ainge should be sealed up for as long as he wants to stay.

Ridiculous to even think Ainge should be canned.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:09 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
ooops wrong thread. ;D

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 09:17:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
He shouldn't be fired for drafting sullinger, he should be fired for the rest of the crap he did this summer.  Put together a mediocre team and spent a ton of money on a pile of crap and put the Celtics in a situation where it won't be competing for a title for years.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

good lord almighty! SMH.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Of all the poor threads i've seen up here lately this is the worst.

This has to be sarcasm by the way. His rookie year has been historically poor.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

good lord almighty! SMH.
TP! Austin Rivers?lol