Author Topic: Danny should be fired.  (Read 6863 times)

Re: Danny should be fired.
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 05:20:39 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Orlando Magic should be shot for drafting dwight howard and him having a back injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago GM should be fired for drafting D rose and him doing his ACL

spare me...... the kid was red flagged, gave us SOLID!!!!!! production until the moment he got hurt. Id rather he not get hurt now but better now then end of the year where it will interupt with his pres season. Sully will be back practising before the season is even over. I know its Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. news but seriously. Ainge got the big 3 together

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 05:23:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol this thread is funny. 

Seems like just yesterday we were arguing about whether Jared Sullinger should be considered as valuable as a lottery pic in an imaginary trade for DeMarcus Cousins.  ANd now here we are... arguing that Danny Ainge should be fired for even taking him as a late 1st rounder. 

You remember those days?... when fans were arguing that they would nevah give up Sully for Josh Smith... and I'm all like, "Ya, but like... lets pretend Sully actually HAD been drafted as a lotto pick.  At most he's as valuable as Meyers Leonard, right?... someone who was actually taken 11th?... wouldn't you give up Meyers Leonard for Josh Smith?" and guys were all like, "Nah it's totes different... Sully be way more valuable than Meyers Leonard!".  I miss those days :(

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Seems like just yesterday we were arguing about whether Jared Sullinger should be considered as valuable as a lottery pic in an imaginary trade for DeMarcus Cousins.  ANd now here we are... arguing that Danny Ainge should be fired for even taking him as a late 1st rounder. 

You remember those days?... when fans were arguing that they would nevah give up Sully for Josh Smith... and I'm all like, "Ya, but like... lets pretend Sully actually HAD been drafted as a lotto pick.  At most he's as valuable as Meyers Leonard, right?... someone who was actually taken 11th?... wouldn't you give up Meyers Leonard for Josh Smith?" and guys were all like, "Nah it's totes different... Sully be way more valuable than Meyers Leonard!".  I miss those days :(

Pretty sure only the OP wants Danny fired for taking sullinger

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 05:38:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The difference between Sully and PJ3 is that if we'd drafted PJ3 and he'd just been declared out for the season, we wouldn't be fretting about how we could replace his production.

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 05:41:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Pretty sure only the OP wants Danny fired for taking sullinger

CB is a lot more fun when you pretend it's just you and one other guy with a thousand accounts. 

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
OP could not hold DA jockstrap when it comes to GMing.  DA has forgot more basketball than the OP ever knew.

DA should blow it up.

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He will be back better than ever. IF he played like this but a bum back and 10 pounds overweight, i can't wait to see how he does, with no back issues and 10 pounds less fat. This kid is going to be a nice celtic for a long while

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 06:40:08 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Some risks payoff and some don't. Obvious statement but true.

Danny did a great job of taking a chance on Sully based on his pure talent alone. He is tough worker and if anyone can come back from surgery, it will be him.

Let's all hope and pray he comes back as good as new. Their are some players who had back backs and continued to play at a high level. I believe The Chief was one of them.

Get Well Soon Sully.

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 06:46:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Danny should be extended ten more yrs as The Boston Celtic's GM.

Not his fault for Sully. If I were Danny, I would've picked Jared Sullinger, too - no question.

Sully will be back next yr - better than ever, and this period will be behind him.

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:51 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Being a GM is hard bro. Danny has tremendous chops doing his job. Let him be.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'd check Sully's and Leonard's stats before I started bragging about that one.

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Not his fault for Sully. If I were Danny, I would've picked Jared Sullinger, too - no question.

Sully will be back next yr - better than ever, and this period will be behind him.

obviously, the sulliger pick is not a reason to fire danny ainge.  but what has the guy done since the championship season?

i'm not an anti danny guy,  but there is an argument to be made that there have been some really bad decisions putting together the teams since they won the title.

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03:52 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Because Danny tore Rondo's ACL.

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 07:04:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

obviously, the sulliger pick is not a reason to fire danny ainge.  but what has the guy done since the championship season?

i'm not an anti danny guy,  but there is an argument to be made that there have been some really bad decisions putting together the teams since they won the title.

The question in evaluating those teams is, what would a good GM have done differently?  Especially without using hindsight?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

What arguments do you have?