Author Topic: Danny should be fired.  (Read 6871 times)

Re: Danny should be fired.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 04:14:48 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
For drafting Sullinger. Everyone new this kid had an issue and he wasted a pick on him. Our medical staff should get the axe as well. You never fully recover from a back injury. We are Celtics fans here, remember Bird? Once a back goes, no matter the age of the individual, it is gone. We are toast because of this. Meanwhile Well run teams like the Thunder get Perry Jones in the draft.

Danny this is on your head.

::)

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No way, it was a good pick on upside alone. Sullinger has already shown he can play.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
How come it is all the "fire him", "trade him" etc threads that seem like they're written without any knowledge of The NBA?

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
The Thunder just won a game in a blowout.  The OP's perfect prospect Perry Jones played 4 minutes.

[Edited.  Personal attacks are not allowed. -RH]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:19:56 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 04:24:43 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
So, should teams never take risks on injury prone players in the draft?

(I can't tell if this is sarcasm, due to the Perry Jones crack.  Jones was medically red-flagged for his knee.)

EDIT:  Based on comments in another thread, I guess this isn't sarcasm.  Rather, it's a really bad argument.

"You should be fired for taking that medically red-flagged guy in the draft!  You should have known enough to take the other medically red-flagged guy who was drafted even later in the first round!"

I don't get it.

Don't forget all the people who were killing him for not getting Brandon Roy.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
My thought is, that with the two picks, you are able to take a flier on the injury and get a player with the second one.  Who knows what Melo will be, he could turn out to be very good.  Let's wait it out.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 04:30:50 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Sully is by no means done, and it's laughable that Ainge should be fired.

He's not a perfect GM, but he just put together the greatest 5.5 season run since the true Bird glory days.

He's a good GM. Jeez.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 04:42:41 PM by Fred Roberts »

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 04:59:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
For drafting Sullinger. Everyone new this kid had an issue and he wasted a pick on him. Our medical staff should get the axe as well. You never fully recover from a back injury. We are Celtics fans here, remember Bird? Once a back goes, no matter the age of the individual, it is gone. We are toast because of this. Meanwhile Well run teams like the Thunder get Perry Jones in the draft.

Danny this is on your head.
You must know something that the rest of us don't about Sully's prognosis. I haven't heard anything yet.

Dwight Howard is recovering from a back injury.  Larry Bird played years (and incredibly well) with a bad back. Dennis Rodman had back issues for about the last 10 years of his career.  Brad Daugherty had a brief (8 years) but very good NBA career with a bad back.  All these guys except DH played in the medical dark ages compared to today. 

We are all worried about his future but you shouldn't pretend you know something that you don't know.  He may have a solid NBA career which is all you can hope for with a 21st pick.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:17:23 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:14 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Sully is by no means done, and it's laughable that Ainge should be fired.

He's not a perfect GM, but he just put together the greatest 5.5 season run since the true Bird glory days.

He's a good GM. Jeez.

So true...we will look back at this era admirably and ainge engineered the whole thing....

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It isn't that bad.
Still better than  JJJ
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:43 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Are you kidding me? This basically signals that we aren't going to take any more unnecessary risks this season. They're trying to prevent a more serious injury to Sullinger in the future and hopefully taking care of the problem now. I think it was a smart move.

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Sullinger was an awesome pick and risk...sorry bub... such a shame this had to happen.

I do however think our medical stuff SUCKS...but this wasnt on them...but it was laughable they said he was day to day

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 05:15:21 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Well, I've never really liked Danny to begin with so....this is like throwing a log on a forest fire.

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466
Taking a flyer on a talented kid at #20 in the draft shouldn't make or break our season.  He wasn't a lottery pick, but he was a nice addition that provided way more that expected.

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
So when Sully comes back next season and plays a huge role for this team going forward you still gonna say Danny should be fired for taking the kid at 21??