Author Topic: Sully out for the year  (Read 9401 times)

Re: Sully out for the year
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:32 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Wow, been busy all day and just saw the news.  DEPRESSING!

I feel bad for Sully.  He was having a really nice rookie season.  So much promise.

I'm laughing at the reactions by some here though.  I mean, seriously, dude is a rookie, he wasn't going to alter out outcome.  The same folks who are saying without Rondo we'll he better, are saying we're doomed without Sully.  Man, talk about clueless.

This is exactly why I was angry we drafted him.  How could anyone not see it coming? Once he established even a little value, DA should have traded him.  Too late now.

This sucks for the team and Sully, and I would never wish this on anyone.  I feel a little vindicated to be honest though.

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Now you can blow it up.

Lol!! You finally cracked huh lol.

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Pretty sure they're just removing a problem that could have gotten much much worse if left unchecked. We weren't going to do anything this year anyway. Just gotta get built back up for the future :)

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2013, 05:10:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Now you can blow it up.

Nah.  Take that back. We're still able to get to the ECF at the minimum
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2013, 05:11:27 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
KG just lost his brotha he battles with as if he wasn't already gone next year he'll be done
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123

I feel bad for Sully.  He was having a really nice rookie season.  So much promise.

I'm laughing at the reactions by some here though.  I mean, seriously, dude is a rookie, he wasn't going to alter out outcome.  The same folks who are saying without Rondo we'll he better, are saying we're doomed without Sully.  Man, talk about clueless.

This is exactly why I was angry we drafted him.  How could anyone not see it coming? Once he established even a little value, DA should have traded him.  Too late now.

This sucks for the team and Sully, and I would never wish this on anyone.  I feel a little vindicated to be honest though.

I liked watching this kid play basketball.  He's someone to root for. It's not the same as KG going down but it's still a bummer . . .
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Well, I'm not giving up but *no-ban-filter*, what did you fans do to this franchise before I came aboard? I mean, can the team go ONE season HEALTHY. It's ALMOST depressing but I'm too delusional to not think this team can win at any time and through any circumstance (well, talk to me if *God forbid* KG or PP go down... might be sent to Peace River)! I'm not giving up but to be honest my eyes got a little watery b/c I'm thinking we can never catch a break! I'd be scared in the years to come, we end up with a franchise player and they go down too... someone (cHeat/Faker fan), must practice Voodoo! It's almost funny...

I need to give up being a sports fan! This is too much. I was watching "Brain Games" on H2, they say the strong feelings we have when watching sports is b/c our brain tricks us into believing we are actually performing the action the athletes are (like when they shoot the ball or something, we think it's us doing it). Someone needs to study whether sports shorten the lives of fans... I can't imagine all the people who have had heart attacks or something after watching some type of sporting event. I always wondered why I felt like I was going to pass out when my teams didn't perform well. Stupid (cool) brain, why won't you make me not care, idiot!

Oops, I forgot to add that Doc is a boldfaced liar! Look at his interview from yesterday's practice! I won't believe another word he says again!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Now you can blow it up.

Nah.  Take that back. We're still able to get to the ECF at the minimum

lol.....

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Snake bit....pure and simple

Snake bit since 2009! >:( :'(
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Oops, I forgot to add that Doc is a boldfaced liar! Look at his interview from yesterday's practice! I won't believe another word he says again!
"Doc" is just a nickname, you know.  :P

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I do wonder what the team knew yesterday.  I also am curious just how bad this injury is.  Based on Sully's predisposition the back injuries, I wonder if this surgery is a bit preventative.

What I mean is, he is a young guy, with hopefully a long future, but clearly the back is an issue.  A lot of times players are able to play through the pain with a back issue, and real with it later, or hope it corrects itself.  Perhaps as late as yesterday, they were considering just that. 

But, then maybe after conferring more, they just decided that with Rondo already out, there was no use delaying it, and potentially making things worse, when there wasn't much of a chance of contending anyways.  So, they decided to just go straight to the surgery, and fix it right, in the hopes of having him back on the court earlier next year, rather than messing around with it, and perhaps risking more of the future.

« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
"Doc" is just a nickname, you know.  :P

Yea, LOL. I'm starting to think his real name is Satan! Grant your wish (chip in 08 *that I wasn't a part of as a fan*), for a price, then boom, you find out the price was your first born (players health/no stars choose to come here unless they are on their last leg)...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:07 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
All I have to say at this point, is everyone is wishing you the best Sully.  You have been a huge bright spot in our season, and we'll be pulling for you to make a full recovery.  If the surgery was a must, might as well happen now.  We can all lower our expectations a bit, and just enjoy the ride for the rest of the year, no matter what happens.

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2013, 05:40:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
All I have to say at this point, is everyone is wishing you the best Sully.  You have been a huge bright spot in our season, and we'll be pulling for you to make a full recovery.  If the surgery was a must, might as well happen now.  We can all lower our expectations a bit, and just enjoy the ride for the rest of the year, no matter what happens.

I wish I could a half TP but I can't so I'll give you one just b/c I love the first part.

My expectations haven't lowered though!

« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2013, 05:45:22 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

With you almost 100 percent on this post. The only disagreement is I was not angry when Ainge drafted Sully. Everything else is spot on. Rondo injury -- no problem. Sully injury -- season's over.  ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:57:25 PM by vinnie »