Author Topic: Jalen Rose:C's should blow it up, KG to Spurs, PP to pacers  (Read 9245 times)

Re: Jalen Rose:C's should blow it up, KG to Spurs, PP to pacers
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 01:17:26 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think it's best to play it out unless we're getting a legit deal. Splitter isn't one. Neither is granger coming off knee surgery.

If Lebron goes down anything can happen.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I think it's best to play it out unless we're getting a legit deal. Splitter isn't one. Neither is granger coming off knee surgery.

Don't really think so....
what about Chicago...NY....Brooklyn.....Indiana....Atlanta....do you need me to keep going??????
and that's only in the East.

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 01:29:13 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I agree we should blow it up. I'm hoping we can some kind of 1st rounders for KG and or Pierce

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Please be realistic. You can't expect the world back for two aged superstars. If u can get an impact players plus 1st round picks they all add up. If we blow it up we pro. Will stink. Plus two more 1st can get a super pick worthy of a kg or pp

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Jalen's trade proposals are pretty terrible. In the Spurs trade, the Celtics would just be giving away KG. I'd rather watch KG play in green until he retires.

As for the Indiana deal, I don't see why Indiana would trade their star forward for a 1-2 year rental on a declining Paul Pierce.

I have yet to see the talking heads offer a deal that makes any sense. Unless the Celtics get a lottery pick for each player, there really isn't anything out there that makes more sense than just keeping these 2 players for another year and 3 months.

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 01:46:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would be delighted if Danny Ainge could get a player as good as Danny Granger for a 35 year old Paul Pierce.

I don't understand the upside for Indiana though.

Pierce is a muuuuuccccch better player than Granger even at thirty five and I would much rather have Pierce. Not only is Granger coming of a significant injury but he has greatly declined in play and stats over the last two seasons.
I don't think Pierce is that much better than Granger. The only thing I reckon Pierce really has over Granger at this point is ball-handling and passing ability.

A slight downgrade for a player with another 3+ years of strong performances in him.

I'll happily do that deal.

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:34 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Is Splitter a restricted free agent in any way?  Isn't he on some iteration of a rookie deal?

I'd happily make both of those deals by the way.  I'd also look to move Terry to Memphis for their trade exception and a future pick.  Find somewhere to dump Bass too.

Rondo/Bradley/Granger/Sully/Splitter is a fun group for the interim while the team looks to accumulate assets for the next big move.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
These trades make no sense because they don't improve the team short or long term. The Celtics aren't crippled by terrible contracts because Pierce can be bought out for $4mil and KG might retire. If they both stay then that means there is nothing better. Giving away KG without getting out of Terry's deal makes no sense. The Celtics aren't going to lure free agents so we have to get players through trade and draft.

As for the "c's are better without Rondo" crowd, I'm not in that crowd but I will say that the usage if Rondo has been terrible the last two years. There is all this talk every year of Rondo being more aggressive but he only does it in spurts and the incessant dribbling looking for the perfect play reminds me of watching Drew Bledsoe waiting 10 minutes for an absolutely wide open receiver. If play A isn't there goto play B...don't let play A take 19 seconds to develop.

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 01:55:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
How serious was Danny Granger's knee injury? Is it career-threatening? Yahoo's blog "Ball Don't Lie" said Granger has "jumper's knee". How serious an injury is that?

Granger only has 18 months left on his contract so it wouldn't be too hurtful a miscue if Granger wasn't able to make it back fully from his knee injury.

Indy Star says Granger should be back in the next couple of weeks sometime around the All-Star game. I am looking forward seeing Granger back with Indy. It'll be nice for that team to get another weapon offensively.

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Pierce for Granger is a non-starter for me. Don't see the use of it in any context really.

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 02:01:41 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I like Splitters game but I don't like trading KG for him. Can we get Brandon Bass for him (answer no)? We really need big man help Rondo or no Rondo.

And I am opposed to trading Paul Pierce. Jeff Green will take over the three once Pierce retires.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 02:04:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I would be delighted if Danny Ainge could get a player as good as Danny Granger for a 35 year old Paul Pierce.

Pierce is better than Granger right now and can be waived this summer if it doesn't work out (or he might retire).  Pierce, in addition to being better, would also provide that very young team some toughness and leadership and would be a better mentor to Paul George than Granger is. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 02:10:16 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
These trades make no sense because they don't improve the team short or long term.

If you could trade KG and Pierce and get back Splitter and Granger, the upside is obvious.  It's flipping two old players for two youngish players without taking back any horrible contracts.  At worst, Boston gets a lot younger, loses more games this year for a better draft pick and is able to make decisions on rebuilding the roster without having to wait for KG and Pierce to decide whether they want to deep playing.  At best, Boston still makes the playoffs this year and has two more quality young players to build around Rondo with for the future.

Myself, I'd rather Ainge keep this team together.  But if either SA or Indy were also willing to take Bass or throw in a 1st rounder?  Hard to turn that down.

Mike

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 02:18:24 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I wouldn't touch Granger right now.

Too much uncertainty and the ceiling has already been hit.

Couldn't agree more.  Granger has never gotten any better than when people were starting to think he was going to be Melo-like.   People seem to still act like  he has that potential.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Pierce is better than Granger right now and can be waived this summer if it doesn't work out (or he might retire).  Pierce, in addition to being better, would also provide that very young team some toughness and leadership and would be a better mentor to Paul George than Granger is.

Indiana is no more a title threat with Pierce than they are with Granger.

Trading for a short term boost when you aren't capable of capitalizing on it + hurting yourself in both the medium and long term is pointless.

Indiana are not in a position to make this type of a swap worthwhile for them.