Poll

If Miami Heat Put Birdman As Starting Center And Put Bosh Back At Power Forward, What Would You Do?

Let Kevin Garnett Stay As Center And Put Him On Birdman And Jared Sullinger And Brandon Bass On Chris Bosh?
1 (14.3%)
Let Kevin Garnett Go Back At Power Forward And Put Collins Or Wilcox On Birdman?
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: If Miami Heat Put Birdman As Starting Center And Put Bosh Back At Power Forward  (Read 4445 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
for me i want garnett chasing bosh at power forward

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
KG has to guard Bosh whenever they're both in there. He's the only guy on our roster who matches up with him at all.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The best thing the Heat have going for them is Lebron at power forward.  I don't think they're going to mess with that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The best thing the Heat have going for them is Lebron at power forward.  I don't think they're going to mess with that.
Spolestra has been using less and less of it as the season has gone on.

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

do you think if that happens kg will go back to pf?

i'm concern on center though

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Less, perhaps, but Lebron still has seen the lion's share of his minutes at PF this season.  I think we'll see the same in the playoffs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

do you think if that happens kg will go back to pf?

i'm concern on center though

I don't think that KG can cover Lebron.  I think if we meet Miami in the playoffs, we'll see Jeff Green get a lot of time at PF, and he and Pierce will take turns guarding him.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Less, perhaps, but Lebron still has seen the lion's share of his minutes at PF this season.  I think we'll see the same in the playoffs.
Mostly early in the season.

Now that they're starting Haslem they're playing the first 8 minutes of the 1st/3rd with him at SF. Then its been a crapshoot based on how badly Chalmers has sucked and the other team's lineups.

I don't know if they're just doing this to perserve LeBron for the playoffs or if Spoelstra just doesn't like having LeBron play more than half his minutes at PF most games.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Which doesnt make sense to me but hey, whatever doesnt work for them is fine with me.

I gotta have Garnett on Bosh no doubt. Andersen at center wont be getting 15 - 20 points a game so I could careless who guards him really. KG needs to guard Bosh.

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

They might be doing that during the regular season to avoid LeBron getting tired. Then make the switch to him at pf during the playoffs.

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I would love to know how many minutes LeBron is actually playing at power forward and how many of those minutes is Battier actually playing power forward.

Because most of the time when I see Miami, it has been Battier defending and rebounding the PF position (not LeBron) and being defended by the power forward on the other end of the floor.

I think LeBron is still playing the vast majority of his minutes at SF with Battier playing PF. Battier just isn't getting credited with those minutes.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

They might be doing that during the regular season to avoid LeBron getting tired. Then make the switch to him at pf during the playoffs.

Yes, I'd expect that to happen.  Spoelstra will use the regular season to experiment with different lineups and to give Lebron rest.  Lebron has mentioned in the past that defending the post can be tiring.  In the playoffs, though, everyone in Miami recognizes that Lebron at PF is the ultimate mismatch.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Was there a rumor this would happen?  What is this based on?  Andersen has been a DNP in every non blowout since he has been signed, and is basically just a poor man's Joel Anthony. 

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I would love to know how many minutes LeBron is actually playing at power forward and how many of those minutes is Battier actually playing power forward.

Because most of the time when I see Miami, it has been Battier defending and rebounding the PF position (not LeBron) and being defended by the power forward on the other end of the floor.

I think LeBron is still playing the vast majority of his minutes at SF with Battier playing PF. Battier just isn't getting credited with those minutes.

I don't know.  In the minutes that are being attributed to Lebron at PF ), his rebounding (11.6 rebounds per 48 minutes) is significantly higher than the minutes being attributed to SF (8.1 rebounds per 48 minutes).  His opponents' production is a similar story.

I think the reason for that rebounding jump is because Lebron is playing closer to the hoop, at PF.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12MIA9.HTM#bypos

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Was there a rumor this would happen?  What is this based on?  Andersen has been a DNP in every non blowout since he has been signed, and is basically just a poor man's Joel Anthony.

I'll be curious to see if Andersen is signed for the rest of the season, or if Miami instead saves an open roster spot in hopes of adding Oden.