Poll

If You Only Became A Celtics Fan Because Of Pierce And They Trade Pierce, Do You Still Root For The Celtics?

Yes, Why?
29 (90.6%)
No, Why?
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: March 18, 2013, 07:02:20 AM

Author Topic: If You Only Became A Celtics Fan Because Of Pierce And They Trade Pierce,  (Read 10563 times)

Re: If You Only Became A Celtics Fan Because Of Pierce And They Trade Pierce,
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 12:55:10 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I'd probably have a break from nba for a while, a couple months, but I'd still follow celtics. I started because of pierce, but I got latched on to the celtics and the way of playing and going about things. I wouldn't be as irritated if he went to a team where he could win immediately, give him one more chance at a ring
He is winning immediately (i.e., presently), and is with a team where he has a chance to win one more ring!  That's my story, and I am sticking to it!!!

Your story is fictional but its good.
I wouldn't say fictional, I would say hopeful.  Read my sig and tell me you can read the future if you disagree with it.  Why do pessimists always think they are the realistic ones?   :P
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'd probably have a break from nba for a while, a couple months, but I'd still follow celtics. I started because of pierce, but I got latched on to the celtics and the way of playing and going about things. I wouldn't be as irritated if he went to a team where he could win immediately, give him one more chance at a ring
He is winning immediately (i.e., presently), and is with a team where he has a chance to win one more ring!  That's my story, and I am sticking to it!!!

I wouldn't say fictional, I would say hopeful.  Read my sig and tell me you can read the future if you disagree with it.  Why do pessimists always think they are the realistic ones?   :P

The celtics winning a championship is more realistic than them not winning one? I mean come on dude, its borderline common sense if you know basketball. This team as currently constructed is not championship material.

They are good enough to win some games and maybe give you some hope of a pipe dream but to think this team can realistically beat miami or the bulls 4 times in a series is far from being realistic. If you were anybody else but a celtics homer you would see it the same way i assure you.

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 01:19:58 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This pretty much.

Either he gets traded or he retires, the day Pierce wears his Celtics jersey for the last time will be a day I will remember for the rest of my life. I don't think Imma get so emotionally tied with another player ever, since he was the reason I got to become a Celtics fan (which is now a big part of my life)!
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

The celtics winning a championship is more realistic than them not winning one? I mean come on dude, its borderline common sense if you know basketball. This team as currently constructed is not championship material.

They are good enough to win some games and maybe give you some hope of a pipe dream but to think this team can realistically beat miami or the bulls 4 times in a series is far from being realistic. If you were anybody else but a celtics homer you would see it the same way i assure you.
In the first place, Miami may win the title this year, but they have not won yet.  Neither you nor I know for sure which team will win this year.  Just to help you with "your reality check," (the present seems to be giving  you problems  ;) )  please do not call me "dude," ha ha ha ha ha.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2013, 03:27:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

In the first place, Miami may win the title this year, but they have not won yet.  Neither you nor I know for sure which team will win this year.  Just to help you with "your reality check," (the present seems to be giving  you problems  ;) )  please do not call me "dude," ha ha ha ha ha.

::)

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I'd still root for the C's if they traded Pierce, BUT:

Paul Pierce NEEDS to retire in Green.

Bill Russell did it.

Larry Bird did it.

Now? It's Paul's turn.

The Celtics are NOT like most NBA franchises...there IS tradition, here.

Paul Pierce has earned that right to retire in Celtics Green....he endured the Lean Years....he endured the stabbing - only to come back the next season and play 82 games....he's been one of the most durable, dependable and talented Celtics EVER....on and on and on...

It's for those reasons and many more that I can't think of off the top of my head why I'm a C's fan despite Paul Pierce.

But Danny would be ripping the heart out of the Franchise if Paul was to go to another team via a trade - IMO.

For sure, agree with that. Pierce should retire a Celtic. He's been the face of this franchise for so long, its tradition

Danny can at least rework his contract so Pierce wont be paid as much or let him sit on the bench, whenever his age starts to slow his game down

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2013, 03:54:53 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
its really hard to watched this team with those 2 best player i want to see while watching the game

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2013, 12:24:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

If your criteria for being a contender is that; "winning a championship is more realistic than not winning one" then there is only one team in the league that is a contender. 

Should everyone else just give up?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If your criteria for being a contender is that; "winning a championship is more realistic than not winning one" then there is only one team in the league that is a contender. 

Disagree, there aren't any teams in the league that are more likely than not to win the title. Some teams have much better odds than anyone else but that's all.

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2013, 12:40:23 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Disagree, there aren't any teams in the league that are more likely than not to win the title. Some teams have much better odds than anyone else but that's all.

I was putting this year's Heat's chances at close to 50/50, but you're probably right, their chances are probably less than that. 

That means that by Lightskinsmurf's criteria, there are no contenders.  Everyone should just blow it up. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
most of here become celtics fans because of kevin garnett,
also ray allen, and now that he is gone...
i think some left and follow ray ray