Author Topic: Jose Calderon  (Read 1549 times)

Jose Calderon
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:25:39 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. I saw a thread mentioning Stuckey a few days ago but Calderon would be a really nice fill in for Rondo this season.

I realize he was just traded but you have to wonder how much Detroit values him. I sort of assumed they gave up Prince and Daye for Calderon in a salary dump. They owed Prince for 2.5 more seasons and Calderon is off the books after this year.

Anyway I think Calderon would fit really well here. I wonder if Detroit would trade him for Bass/Lee and our 1st this year. I don't love giving up Lee but we get out of two long term contracts and get a pretty serviceable PG. Our pick will be garbage anyway because of how weak the draft is. It might sell Detroit on bringing Bass on board though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=av8vtuw
What do you guys think? The money works.

Re: Jose Calderon
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:50:14 AM »

fitzhickey

I think Detroit like the idea of having a passing point guard to give Drummond and Monroe good looks, because Stukey isn't really a point and Brandon knight isn't the best decision maker in the league. I think that they value him more than you think and I don't think that they will be willing to le him go cheaply.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 04:07:34 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. I saw a thread mentioning Stuckey a few days ago but Calderon would be a really nice fill in for Rondo this season.

I realize he was just traded but you have to wonder how much Detroit values him. I sort of assumed they gave up Prince and Daye for Calderon in a salary dump. They owed Prince for 2.5 more seasons and Calderon is off the books after this year.

Anyway I think Calderon would fit really well here. I wonder if Detroit would trade him for Bass/Lee and our 1st this year. I don't love giving up Lee but we get out of two long term contracts and get a pretty serviceable PG. Our pick will be garbage anyway because of how weak the draft is. It might sell Detroit on bringing Bass on board though.

It/he has been mentioned many times (us trying to be a 3rd team, if he gets bought out, off-season, etc.). Yea, he'd be nice.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 04:12:32 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
i dont see it happening.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:56:58 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

If you're going to trade for a pg you really need to trade a sg. Whether you like Bass or not (I don't) we need him. Kind of like Baby, he wasn't very good but we'd have been toast without him to play all those minutes for us.