Author Topic: Rondo's Out but Something hasn't changed  (Read 978 times)

Rondo's Out but Something hasn't changed
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I have come to a conclusion that the backbone of this Celtics team is Kevin Garnett. Whether be at the Center or Power Forward position. Rondo is not our best player just because he puts up the best stats. Kevin Garnett is & has been all along. This is scary because K.G. will soon leave us in a year or 2.

I have also come to a conclusion that without a great or very good Center or Power Forward (like Leon Powe was) this team will indeed have struggles. Last night game was 1 of many examples we've witnessed now for a few seasons. Garnett when taking aout the Celts players looked lost, when he got inserted their back to familiar territory.

For the C's to make any noise going forward consistently for 4 quarters they definitely have to make a play for a very good Center or Power Forward 6-10+ or give Fab a look at that position as K.G. back-up. Steisma did pretty well last year, & so far this year we have no Steisma, but a Sully who's not a great defensive anchor, but and he also start now; so no back-up.

Honorable Mention: Paul Pierce

???

Re: Rondo's Out but Something hasn't changed
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
What does Powe got to do with it? If you might recall, he was battling a rookie for minutes, both of whom had to eat the bench to a retired player making a comeback so that we could go with a 3-big rotation of KG-Perk-Brown to save our championship run.

I liked Powe, but let's not get ahead of ourselves with the level of his contribution.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:37:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I have come to a conclusion that the backbone of this Celtics team is Kevin Garnett. Whether be at the Center or Power Forward position. Rondo is not our best player just because he puts up the best stats. Kevin Garnett is & has been all along. This is scary because K.G. will soon leave us in a year or 2.

I have also come to a conclusion that without a great or very good Center or Power Forward (like Leon Powe was) this team will indeed have struggles. Last night game was 1 of many examples we've witnessed now for a few seasons. Garnett when taking aout the Celts players looked lost, when he got inserted their back to familiar territory.

For the C's to make any noise going forward consistently for 4 quarters they definitely have to make a play for a very good Center or Power Forward 6-10+ or give Fab a look at that position as K.G. back-up. Steisma did pretty well last year, & so far this year we have no Steisma, but a Sully who's not a great defensive anchor, but and he also start now; so no back-up.

Honorable Mention: Paul Pierce

???

kayyyyyyyyyyggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  is a warrior and my favorite celt since bird. he has been the heart n soul of this team for quite some time and i have told kevin that before also(not sure if he saw the comment though, who knows). anyways, i hope i can talk with him before the pelicans game in march. i will be behind the bench a few rows up. can hardly wait.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
KG is the framework. Once he hits the bench the tower starts to wobble ready to top over. As nice as it would be to acquire a true PG a legit big man needs to be addressed first and foremost. Someone that could give them a threat down low on both sides of ball. I'm just not sure Ainge can get that with the assets at his disposable.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 07:53:27 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No KG, no Celtics. Pierce too.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
LET'S GO CELTICS!