Author Topic: Advice for dealing with wife  (Read 19248 times)

Re: Advice for dealing with wife
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 09:22:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Thread of year nominee. I mean just listen to all of you

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
"I guess it isn't too cozy in here after all."

YAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2013, 09:25:39 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
My advice?  Do what your wife wants, and move on.  You have to pick your battles, and this seems like the wrong kind of battle to take any kind of stand on.

Brilliant advice. I suggest you use it often.  Being happy with your spouse trumps "winning" anytime.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have to say Chief's statement of bartering is definitely the best

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
You,guys all want this man to give in,
Why can't it be the woman?
He should be an equal.
And do what he wants too, right?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2013, 09:35:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He should be an equal.
I think we all WANT that but, we kinda like life when the Mrs. likes us.

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
He should be an equal.

Ah, the innocence of the young. I too remember when I was taken by such fanciful whimsy.

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
All ye rise for the Honorable EJA Divorce Court.   The case of the Kitchen cozy vs entryway desk is underway.

The Plaintiff representing herself is Mrs. Moranis.  Presenting for the defense is Moranis. He has brought Roy Hobbes as his council.

Now I need to get to sleep in about an hour so be seated.

Defendant. Is it true what your wife alleges that you took over a significant section of her kitchen for a period of time so disturbing that your wife was forced to buy an entryway desk?

Is it also true that she discussed said desk with you and you said "Do whatever you want?"

Plaintiff do you realize that your husband has no ability whatsoever to read your mind and never had said ability and never will?

Defendant. Is it true that you had a cozy so hideous that you refuse to even post pics of it in a Celtics sports blog? Is it further true that you refuse to use the drawers of said desk, and actually put said hideous cozy where people can actually see it from the door?

I find you guilty of taking over your wife's kitchen, not listening to your wife's serious concerns, and displaying a hideous cozy in public.

I sentence you to justice. Just as seeing your cozy no doubt had to twist your wife's stomach to pieces now you get to feel that way while watching her date a pro athlete for about a year, possibly Big Baby Davis.  After this you will undergo a probationary period during which you will agree to any furniture purchase and use it for the intended purpose. Further your cozy will be executed.

The plaintiff and defendant may agree to an outside settlement involving bartering. If I were you I'd start with chocolate and alcohol. Maybe watch an interior decorating show. Hire a consultant.

Court dismissed.

« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
He should be an equal.
An equal in interior decorating? HA! Moranis is completely fudged. He took over a kitchen then moved a cozy to a major entryway.  His wife didn't move a hundred tampon boxes into his mancave for storage, did she? She didn't replace his team mugs with cat mugs, did she? He's screwed. Totally and completely.

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2013, 09:46:54 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
My advice?  Do what your wife wants, and move on.  You have to pick your battles, and this seems like the wrong kind of battle to take any kind of stand on.
Yup.  I didn't read the whole thread because I got to the 2nd reply and saw the right answer.

To the OP, you cannot win this one. How long you married?  Get used to it.

Perhaps there is some other place for your pocket stuff besides using valuable kitchen counter space or prominently displayed in the hall.  Bedroom maybe?

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Yup.  I didn't read the whole thread because I got to the 2nd reply and saw the right answer.

To the OP, you cannot win this one. How long you married?  Get used to it.

Perhaps there is some other place for your pocket stuff besides using valuable kitchen counter space or prominently displayed in the hall.  Bedroom maybe?
Top drawer of nightstand on my side of the bed is when I put my ssssss.....stuff.

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2013, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
He should be an equal.
An equal in interior decorating? HA! Moranis is completely fudged. He took over a kitchen then moved a cozy to a major entryway.  His wife didn't move a hundred tampon boxes into his mancave for storage, did she? She didn't replace his team mugs with cat mugs, did she? He's screwed. Totally and completely.

My little brother is moving into a new apartment and for the first time he will be sharing it with his longtime girlfriend. He is worried that he won't have any space for himself and wants the guest bedroom as his 'mancave'. My advice to him: "When she says, 'where is my space?', you say, 'everything else is yours. Literally the entire thing. Do whatever you want with it, I won't fight you. Just let me have my one room to watch sports and play video games in."

Cuz in the end, that's all you get. If you're lucky.

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
He should be an equal.

My little brother is moving into a new apartment and for the first time he will be sharing it with his longtime girlfriend. He is worried that he won't have any space for himself and wants the guest bedroom as his 'mancave'. My advice to him: "When she says, 'where is my space?', you say, 'everything else is yours. Literally the entire thing. Do whatever you want with it, I won't fight you. Just let me have my one room to watch sports and play video games in."

Cuz in the end, that's all you get. If you're lucky.
That and the garage. You always get the garage. Its like women are allergic to them.

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2013, 10:00:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I think it's becoming obvious that we desperately need a CB chapter of NO MA'AM.

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2013, 10:07:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think it's becoming obvious that we desperately need a CB chapter of NO MA'AM.

Made me think of this:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=wBIC8JTQMMQ&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwBIC8JTQMMQ