Author Topic: Advice for dealing with wife  (Read 19298 times)

Re: Advice for dealing with wife
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What about buying a storage valet for your stuff?  Something like this would seemingly be presentable enough:

I have a simpler version for my nightstand; it works great.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
What about buying a storage valet for your stuff?  Something like this would seemingly be presentable enough:

that is what the cozy is basically, except it doesn't open and close, the stuff just sits on top.  It has nice felt and stuff.  It actually looks pretty nice.  She just wants everything in the drawers and out of the way, which just seems odd to me.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
So storage valet = murse = man's jewelry box right?

;)

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Sit her down, give her a piece of chocolate (dames love chocolate), and explain to her slowly and carefully why she's upset and why that is a foolish and irrational way to feel.  If she interrupts or tries to correct you, repeat yourself slower and more loudly. 

When it seems like she's getting it, pat her gently on the head, wink, and say "now don't you feel a little silly?  That could've ruined the game for me."  Give her another piece of chocolate, put your feet up, and knock out a few beers.  Sneak the empties into the desk drawers if you want to share a few laughs together later, but that's optional - you've earned a little "me" time.

/warning: contents of post for entertainment purposes only.  Written by trained professional.  Do not attempt.

You forgot the part where the next day you say, "You've been eating a lot of chocolate.  Maybe it's time to get you a gym membership".  Guaranteed success.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 04:28:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
booo to putting the fine print on your hilarious post fwf.

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 04:30:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sit her down, give her a piece of chocolate (dames love chocolate), and explain to her slowly and carefully why she's upset and why that is a foolish and irrational way to feel.  If she interrupts or tries to correct you, repeat yourself slower and more loudly. 

When it seems like she's getting it, pat her gently on the head, wink, and say "now don't you feel a little silly?  That could've ruined the game for me."  Give her another piece of chocolate, put your feet up, and knock out a few beers.  Sneak the empties into the desk drawers if you want to share a few laughs together later, but that's optional - you've earned a little "me" time.

/warning: contents of post for entertainment purposes only.  Written by trained professional.  Do not attempt.

You forgot the part where the next day you say, "You've been eating a lot of chocolate.  Maybe it's time to get you a gym membership".  Guaranteed success.

She already got a gym membership for Christmas.  It was the surprise bonus gift hidden in the bag for the new vacuum. 

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 04:32:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
My advice?

Draw the users.
Use the drawers.

No big fuss, and e'rythin'll be all right.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

She already got a gym membership for Christmas.  It was the surprise bonus gift hidden in the bag for the new vacuum.

And if she gets a little upset at this, just tell her:

If you want to sleep on the couch tonight, I'll understand.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

that is what the cozy is basically, except it doesn't open and close, the stuff just sits on top.  It has nice felt and stuff.  It actually looks pretty nice.  She just wants everything in the drawers and out of the way, which just seems odd to me.

Well, I'm with you.  It would drive me crazy, if the thing isn't an eyesore. 

Does the cozy fit in the drawers?  It seems like an inefficient waste of time and space, but I suppose it's a potential compromise.

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Oh man that's hilarious.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 04:39:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Well, I'm with you.  It would drive me crazy, if the thing isn't an eyesore. 

Does the cozy fit in the drawers?  It seems like an inefficient waste of time and space, but I suppose it's a potential compromise.

Bull-crap it is. That jackbooted thug Moranis called a wife already got her compromise with the desk/sideboard thingy! Now he's gotta put his man-box into her lady drawers on top of everything?!

Im invested now. Moranis, you put your wallet and crap on the kitchen counter, lean back in a kitchen chair and see what happens. Next move is hers.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 04:41:40 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Im invested now. Moranis, you put your wallet and crap on the kitchen counter, lean back in a kitchen chair and see what happens. Next move is hers.

I still think this is much better than actually trying to argue it. 

Use your actions, not your words.

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
You guys are way more rational with your wives than you are with your trade ideas.

I'm with Roy, we need to see a photo of this cozy.

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
A great thread to read as a single man.

Giving me a nice window into the future me.  Cozy issues.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
For the benefite of the forum, I took the liberty to illustrate how this conversation really went:

Still don't believe in Joe.