Author Topic: Doc: "Sully will be day to day for a while" + the OJ Mayo/Ray trade  (Read 785 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
He was just on WEEI. They asked if Sully would be ok to play tomorrow night, Doc said he didn't know. He said right now Sully is day to day and will be for a while . He said he didn't know if it had anything to do with his bulging disk.

While he is only day to day,I don't like the sound of "he will be day to day for a while"

He was also asked about the Ray/Mayo trade last year , and he said that if his memory serves him correct Memphis was the one who turned it down

Re: Doc: "Sully will be day to day for a while" + the OJ Mayo/Ray trade
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The Memphis thing has been out there, that they turned it down.

As for his back, that's how spasms are.  They are unpredictable.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
isn't there a way to minimize his recurring nagging injury from his hernia disk?

I heard people with them can strengthen their core/abs to prevent them??

or could surgery take it out? if so how long will he be out?

love sully and hate to see him injured

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:17 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I REALLY hope the back thing isn't something that's serious and / or lingers for a while.  We really need Sully, and I want to see him continue to develop with increased minutes. 

As for the Memphis thing, I imagine it came down to one team or the other insisting on a 1st round pick being included and it fell apart because of that.  The fact that it got so close to getting done means they probably had basically agreed in principle to swap Mayo and Ray, but a somewhat minor detail like that derailed it. 

If Danny killed it because he was unwilling to give up one of our two 1sts last summer, I'm glad.  It wouldn't have been worth it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:37:39 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like Sully and AB, but worry about their health. IMO these 2 should be used as chips to upgrade our talent. You never know when a back will go, and 2 shoulder surgeries? Once you injure your shoulder it is never the same, I know many people that have had shoulder issues = bad.