Author Topic: The Cs will be ok without Rondo..  (Read 5777 times)

The Cs will be ok without Rondo..
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:19:31 AM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
for the regular season. When its really going to hurt them is playoff time when the game changes.

Also, I still think the Cs should make a move for a ball handler. They don't have one right now and its already shown itself a few times. Once teams realize they can pressure the ball then the Cs are going to struggle.. they've already shown signs of it.

Wilcox also needs as many minutes as he can handle. The Cs are going to need him to be somewhat effective to keep this going.

Doc still needs to do better with his rotations as he can be the ultimate "ice" machine. Once again he sits someone for extended periods of time who had been hot (Jeff Green).

I am not feeling Barbosas game right now.. too many forced shots. I like what he can do but he needs to be a little more selective. Ideally we could trade him for anyone who can handle the ball.

Re: The Cs will be ok without Rondo..
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:23:31 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
They play better of course. Watching last to games, in clear that Cs do not need Rondo. The play better wothout him

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:28:51 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
They play better of course. Watching last to games, in clear that Cs do not need Rondo. The play better wothout him

They're not better without him...they certainly do play harder and with an actual sense of urgency. Probably one and done in the playoffs though

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
+1 for the optimism...

I also think the Cs will do fine without Rondo...

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:38:17 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Better perimeter defense helps.

With the bump the injury causes in team effort, I think we will be better on average.  We will be better against bad or average teams like Sacramento.

Our upside is less though and we won't have Rondo to be Rondo in the playoffs.  We just won't have firepower to really challenge Miami in a series.  There's also less room for injury and getting the ball up the court and into a set will be an issue.

Right now we are also in a very dangerous position with bigs, unrelated to Rondo.  If Sully is out and Wilcox goes down again it'll be ugly.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:48:21 AM by Snakehead »
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 09:46:37 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
By ok you mean a .500 team right?

When your best player can only play 28 mins a game I don't expect much. This team we hoped was going to be a challenger, now the expectations are lower. On top of that Doc will play PP more mins and he will even slower and more painful to watch, in a month from now keeping this core together I will be shocked if they are better than .500, but right now I'd rather have a lottery pick I guess.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Jeff Green was hot shooting, but he screwed up several plays badly (helping lead to TOs) and also picked up a two fouls.

So Doc didn't go out of his way to keep him out there. (playing him at SG or playing him at PF) and just put Pierce back in with his normal rotations.

We were up 6 when he left the game and up 21 at half, it worked pretty well.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 11:25:47 AM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet
they will be better than .500 in the regular season. they are already 2 - 0. With the depth they have they can muscle out regular season wins. With shortened rotations and elevated defense i dont think they will go far in the playoffs unless they can add another piece.

I know why doc took Jeff out, but he did not need to wait so long to put him back in. Doc does this consistently.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:33 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I know why doc took Jeff out, but he did not need to wait so long to put him back in. Doc does this consistently.
Play Paul Pierce more than Jeff Green? Yup he sure does.

On nights when Paul doesn't have his legs, its frustrating. But on the whole I understand it and Paul was playing very well last night, much better than Green.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Jeff Green was hot shooting, but he screwed up several plays badly (helping lead to TOs) and also picked up a two fouls.

So Doc didn't go out of his way to keep him out there. (playing him at SG or playing him at PF) and just put Pierce back in with his normal rotations.

For someone who comes off as extremely intelligent in interviews and social media his basketball intelligence is shockingly low.

I did like that he looked to score almost every time he got the ball, that takes thinking out of the equation and allows his athleticism to take over
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 11:31:39 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

For someone who comes off as extremely intelligent in interviews and social media his basketball intelligence is shockingly low.

I did like that he looked to score almost every time he got the ball, that takes thinking out of the equation and allows his athleticism to take over
Yeah but it also leads to a lot of out of control drives some games.

Green is a frustrating player to watch, that's for sure. Especially when you see he has the size and athleticism to play with a monster like LeBron. Just makes me appreciate Paul more I guess.

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Green is a frustrating player to watch, that's for sure. Especially when you see he has the size and athleticism to play with a monster like LeBron. Just makes me appreciate Paul more I guess.
I find Green miscast in his role as a primary backup for 2 or 3 positions. He's not instant offence, and I think he'll be considerably more useful in a starting role, where he can plays as a complementary piece for most of the game, the way he did in OKC.

Unfortunately, I don't see this role being available on our roster for the observable future.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:48 PM »

Offline yagru

• The Green Kornet

On nights when Paul doesn't have his legs, its frustrating. But on the whole I understand it and Paul was playing very well last night, much better than Green.

ok this makes me angry. you dont know what you are talking about.

Jeff Green was 5 for 5 when he left the game (7:39 left 2nd qtr) and had scored 8 out of the last 10 Cs points. He did not re enter the game until 4:43 left in the 3rd quarter. I would not expect anyone to maintain their touch through that time period. Thats over 11 minutes of game time plus intermission etc. Fouls were irrelevant last night.

This is a very bad way to handle subs imo. Pierce could/should have played less minutes. We cant expect so much from Green if hes getting the seat pulled from under him everytime he goes on a run

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 05:44:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Jeff Green was 5 for 5 when he left the game (7:39 left 2nd qtr) and had scored 8 out of the last 10 Cs points. He did not re enter the game until 4:43 left in the 3rd quarter. I would not expect anyone to maintain their touch through that time period.
Funny, because that's pretty much what a lot of bench players manage to do just fine.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

ok this makes me angry. you dont know what you are talking about.

Jeff Green was 5 for 5 when he left the game (7:39 left 2nd qtr) and had scored 8 out of the last 10 Cs points. He did not re enter the game until 4:43 left in the 3rd quarter. I would not expect anyone to maintain their touch through that time period. Thats over 11 minutes of game time plus intermission etc. Fouls were irrelevant last night.

This is a very bad way to handle subs imo. Pierce could/should have played less minutes. We cant expect so much from Green if hes getting the seat pulled from under him everytime he goes on a run

This ^ You're making far too much sense for some of the people on these forums tho lol.