Author Topic: The Cs will be ok without Rondo..  (Read 5776 times)

Re: The Cs will be ok without Rondo..
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2013, 09:50:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
can someone tell me how for the last 3 games we have 5 or more guys score 10 or more points without rondo and with him these kind of nights are rare? I usually remember a pierce shooting 7 out of 20 or something like that.

Great win again. We will give the clippers alot more than they can handle vs the last time. Need KG and Wilcox out there vs Jordan and Griffin. I'd like to see lee, barbosa and bradley give paul all he can handle on the defensive end

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
can someone tell me how for the last 3 games we have 5 or more guys score 10 or more points without rondo and with him these kind of nights are rare? I usually remember a pierce shooting 7 out of 20 or something like that.

Great win again. We will give the clippers alot more than they can handle vs the last time. Need KG and Wilcox out there vs Jordan and Griffin. I'd like to see lee, barbosa and bradley give paul all he can handle on the defensive end

Doc.

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Rondo can play lights out ...when he feels like it..

Unless its a big TV game or playoff. Or game Rondo has personal interest in......

Meaning it's not just playoff games, it's not just national tv games, whenever Rondo has a good game people theorize about why he might have a personal interest in the game in order to perpetuate this myth.
LOL Tim rides Rondo sooo hard he might be the biggest Rondo fan in the world

...or maybe someone who's opinion isn't overly influenced by what they read on the internet. Rondo's been an all-star 4 years in a row, 1st or 2nd team all-defense 4 years running, he's 3rd team all-nba, and he's a top 10-12 player according to espn player rankings.

None of that really proves how good of a player he is, but read the posts in the Rondo threads, consider the things I mentioned (all national things, not just blind homers vote for those things) and tell me my opinion's farther from the mainstream opinion of Rondo than the people who are trashing him.

Just because most people believe it doesnt make it accurate. Everyone in the middle ages believed the world was flat.

Remember I told you someday the myth would be broken. Fairly easy to see now Rondo doesnt make his teammates better. The Celtics play better as a team when he is not on the court.

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

Unless its a big TV game or playoff. Or game Rondo has personal interest in......

Meaning it's not just playoff games, it's not just national tv games, whenever Rondo has a good game people theorize about why he might have a personal interest in the game in order to perpetuate this myth.

...or maybe someone who's opinion isn't overly influenced by what they read on the internet. Rondo's been an all-star 4 years in a row, 1st or 2nd team all-defense 4 years running, he's 3rd team all-nba, and he's a top 10-12 player according to espn player rankings.

None of that really proves how good of a player he is, but read the posts in the Rondo threads, consider the things I mentioned (all national things, not just blind homers vote for those things) and tell me my opinion's farther from the mainstream opinion of Rondo than the people who are trashing him.

Just because most people believe it doesnt make it accurate. Everyone in the middle ages believed the world was flat.

Remember I told you someday the myth would be broken. Fairly easy to see now Rondo doesnt make his teammates better. The Celtics play better as a team when he is not on the court.

Those guards sure are creating more, passing well and even dribble driving now. strange huh?  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 10:22:26 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38

Paul probably won't play though
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 05:15:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Sure, everybody knows that just because most people believe it doesnt make it accurate, thanks for the great illustration though. My point wasn't that most people agreeing with me made it right, it was that most peopleagreeing with me means that disputing some of the nonsense that's said about Rondo doesn't put me in the "I think the sun revolves around the earth" group like some people think it does.

And you'd need to somehow erase the last few years if you wanted to "break the myth of Rondo". It's easy to show that the Celt's offense was better earlier in the year when Rondo was healthier and in a good rhythm, just like it's easy to show that the same was true in the last few seasons. In your mind a smattering of mediocre games when he's in and out of the lineup somehow disproves years of play, that's not really how things work though.

The people who spent much of the fall complaining about Rondo's play during the assist streak and waxing poetic about how much better the offense looks when he has the ball less sound brilliant to each other, not so much to people who have an inkling about what our ORtg has looked like over that time.

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 05:20:43 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

How rare was it for those nights to occur with Rondo playing?

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2013, 06:46:36 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Before it was Rondo and the Celtics.  Now it's the Celtics.