Author Topic: Realistic PG targets  (Read 4984 times)

Re: Realistic PG targets
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:19:54 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Depends on your definition of "realistic", but if I am Danny, I keep Sacramento on speed dial about Evans.  If they are not going to resign him this summer, when he is a RFA, they may be interested in getting something for him now (think Memphis with Mayo last year), and may consider something like Lee and the C's first rounder.

I think Evans needs a change of scenery, and he could be a special player on a team like Boston, who will really appreciate his ability to take the ball to the hoop, and his overall toughness. 

I was less thrilled with him playing next to Rondo, but with Rondo out, its a great chance to take a look at him for a couple months, and maybe hope he can regain some of his ROY form to help this team make a little noise in the playoffs.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:40:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Depends on your definition of "realistic", but if I am Danny, I keep Sacramento on speed dial about Evans.  If they are not going to resign him this summer, when he is a RFA, they may be interested in getting something for him now (think Memphis with Mayo last year), and may consider something like Lee and the C's first rounder.

I think Evans needs a change of scenery, and he could be a special player on a team like Boston, who will really appreciate his ability to take the ball to the hoop, and his overall toughness. 

I was less thrilled with him playing next to Rondo, but with Rondo out, its a great chance to take a look at him for a couple months, and maybe hope he can regain some of his ROY form to help this team make a little noise in the playoffs.
I'm not sure Sacramento would be interested in this unless the swap is something along the lines of Green + Bradley for Evans + Outlaw.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

That is a pretty interesting idea.

As much of a gunner as Tyreke is, the Celtics could kind of use somebody who is high usage and looks for their own shot sometimes.  Pierce can't be the guy who does that all of the time.  Though I expect Terry to do that more often now.

But yeah, although I really like the Bradley / Lee combo, I could probably get on board for the idea of basically giving Tyreke a tryout playing combo guard next to Bradley for the rest of the season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I'm not sure Sacramento would be interested in this unless the swap is something along the lines of Green + Bradley for Evans + Outlaw.

Yeah, that may be the case.  And if it is, I pass.  But I think it is at least worth watching, given Evans' contract status, and how much he has fallen out of favor with that team.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 10:54:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yeah, that may be the case.  And if it is, I pass.  But I think it is at least worth watching, given Evans' contract status, and how much he has fallen out of favor with that team.
I think I'd actually consider such a swap. I don't view Bradley as indispensable, and having Evans may open the way for interesting scenarios where we trade Rondo for a young, talented big next season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 11:39:33 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I think I'd actually consider such a swap. I don't view Bradley as indispensable, and having Evans may open the way for interesting scenarios where we trade Rondo for a young, talented big next season.

I am completely open to trading Bradley, but I wouldn't do that trade, just because of Evans' contract status.  I hate giving away a known quantity prospect like Bradley for someone that you will have to pay in the summer.  Just puts Danny in a really tough negotiating position.  And if you can't resign him, thats more painful to lose Bradley than the pick. 

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I reiterate Sean Livingston in the realistic category. Could be had for a song. His ball handling and length would be a nice fall back option to pair with our rather diminutive backcourt group (i.e. either Barbosa or Terry).

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 12:00:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

I am completely open to trading Bradley, but I wouldn't do that trade, just because of Evans' contract status.  I hate giving away a known quantity prospect like Bradley for someone that you will have to pay in the summer.  Just puts Danny in a really tough negotiating position.  And if you can't resign him, thats more painful to lose Bradley than the pick.
Right, but once you clear Green from the books, it makes it easier to pay Evans (he's on his rookie deal, so we get Bird rights, correct?).

What makes a deal like this attractive in my mind is that it cleans up the rotation considerably while bringing in comparable talent level. More specifically, we give up a player who's stuck in the numbers game at the F spot for a G that will have plenty of opportunity to sop up minutes. And we add a F for depth behind Pierce, Bass, and Sullinger.