Author Topic: Im happy I'll be able to see Tayshon Prince play for a contender  (Read 1793 times)

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Before Jeff Green came along this is always a guy I dreamed the Celtics would somehow land. It bothered me to see him rot away in Detroit's rebuild.

He's gonna be a great fit in Memphis
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Im happy I'll be able to see Tayshon Prince play for a contender
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:21:43 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Before Jeff Green came along this is always a guy I dreamed the Celtics would somehow land. It bothered me to see him rot away in Detroit's rebuild.

He's gonna be a great fit in Memphis

I think he, more than Gay, fits what Memphis wants out of their SF. 

Good pickup for them. 

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I had no idea why we didnt push for Prince earlier, before we signed Green. I'm also happy he's out of Detroit.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I agree completely.  I like Tayshaun and I think it's a shame he wasted the last few years of his prime on a crappy Detroit team.  Sometimes I really think it's better for a team to trade a guy (or not re-sign him) rather than being all about loyalty.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:35:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
And that ends an era in Detroit. The last of the champs. Sigh. How time flies...
They must retire his jersey.... I would have wanted Prince to retire in Detroit.

It's very sad if you think about it. But maybe he can win another championship now, however unlikely.

Pierce better not be next!

So few one-franchise players nowadays..
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Imagine if we got Prince instead of Green.  Imagine this for a second:

A land where our backup SF doesn't travel once very game, and oh look!  Is that consistency?  Oh my, that's wonderful!

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:19:28 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I had no idea why we didnt push for Prince earlier, before we signed Green. I'm also happy he's out of Detroit.

Could they even have afforded Prince in free agency?  I think they would've had to forfeit bird rights to Bass, Green, Wilcox and Krstic, which I would've been perfectly happy with if it meant they could sign both Prince and Terry.  Now that Green is playing better on both ends and this team will finally push the ball up ahead and utilize Green's full court speed and athleticism (more passing to Green instead running with Rondo which never seemed to be all that effective for anyone), I'm liking Green more and more.

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 12:46:18 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Could they even have afforded Prince in free agency?  I think they would've had to forfeit bird rights to Bass, Green, Wilcox and Krstic, which I would've been perfectly happy with if it meant they could sign both Prince and Terry.  Now that Green is playing better on both ends and this team will finally push the ball up ahead and utilize Green's full court speed and athleticism (more passing to Green instead running with Rondo which never seemed to be all that effective for anyone), I'm liking Green more and more.

I was talking more in a S&T involving Green or Bass, or something like that.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 01:18:39 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

I was talking more in a S&T involving Green or Bass, or something like that.

Yeah, I could see that.  I doubt Detroit would've been interested in Bass and the money might not have worked but I could definitely have seen them interested in Green.  Oh well.  With the way Green's been playing, I'm starting to be satisfied he's on the team.