Author Topic: Does this apply to Rondo? (Laker Jordan Hill $1.78M Injury Exception)  (Read 4566 times)

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Lakers Receive $1.78M Injury Exception For Jordan Hill

The NBA has approved the Los Angeles Lakers' request for an injury exception following the season-ending surgery undergone by Jordan Hill.

The Lakers will have $1.78 million to use to sign a player or in a trade.
realgm.com

Can the Celtics do this with Rondo?
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Does this apply to Rondo? (Laker Jordan Hill $1.78M Injury Exception)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

The NBA has approved the Los Angeles Lakers' request for an injury exception following the season-ending surgery undergone by Jordan Hill.

realgm.com

No, that can only be earned if the team asks for it by January 15th (before he was injured).
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:27:34 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

realgm.com

No, that can only be earned if the team asks for it by January 15th (before he was injured).

This totally sucks if true...

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:31:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

realgm.com

This totally sucks if true...

It is. TP me now, jk. But, I read it in the agreements. Whatever, too late anyways.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I was about to say that it would make total symmetry if we were denied the injury exception because Rondo was injured a week or two too late.

Kind of hilarious, really.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 07:41:05 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I was about to say that it would make total symmetry if we were denied the injury exception because Rondo was injured a week or two too late.

It doesn't matter anyway, because we're basically capped out.  It's not like we would have been able to add an impact player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 08:30:53 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Never expect any breaks from the league....couldn't get one when Reggie died....had t count his contract for a couple of years

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 08:35:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Never expect any breaks from the league....couldn't get one when Reggie died....had t count his contract for a couple of years

Here, I don't think the league could give us a break if they wanted to.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 09:10:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

It doesn't matter anyway, because we're basically capped out.  It's not like we would have been able to add an impact player.

Plus we have the bi-annual at our disposal, if we could still use it the only thing it would help is that the injury exception would let us keep the bi-annual for next year (which I'm not sure we'd be able to use next year anyways depending on cap considerations).

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:50:18 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Here, I don't think the league could give us a break if they wanted to.

Come on that was ridicules! A guy dies and it still counts on the cap? One of my top reasons for hating the NBA, if I was not a Celtic fan that would have been the end for me. (still p---ed about it lol) >:(

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 10:10:51 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Not sure why everyone is so worried about this. We still have more guards than we have minutes for.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15:19 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The injury would have had to happen (and the team would have had to apply) before January 15th.  At this point in the season, they could only get an exception for next season, and that would only be if Rondo were deemed to be out all of next year. 

Its too bad too, because you can use it for a trade for a guy in the last year of his contract, which I hadn't realized:

The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:18:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The injury would have had to happen (and the team would have had to apply) before January 15th.  At this point in the season, they could only get an exception for next season, and that would only be if Rondo were deemed to be out all of next year. 

Its too bad too, because you can use it for a trade for a guy in the last year of his contract, which I hadn't realized:

The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.

I wonder, how many useful players on $2.6 million or less expiring contracts are there out there?

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 11:44:22 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

I wonder, how many useful players on $2.6 million or less expiring contracts are there out there?

$2.6 million?  Wouldn't it be $5.1 million?  Rondo makes $11 million per year, so the exception would have been the non-taxpayers mid-level exception.

Or are you talking about the hard cap? 

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

$2.6 million?  Wouldn't it be $5.1 million?  Rondo makes $11 million per year, so the exception would have been the non-taxpayers mid-level exception.

Or are you talking about the hard cap?
Hard cap, we only have 2.6 million worth of room with the apron.