Author Topic: lockdown defense again  (Read 1166 times)

lockdown defense again
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:04:39 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What a nice win. I know it wasn't pretty for some parts of the game but we still won bc of a huge 2nd quarter. Pierce and KG barely played in the 2nd half.

Defense overall was great again. Lee and Bradley are everywhere, hands everywhere, deflections, steals etc.

Everyone has said without Rondo we are doomed. But we are seeing a different type of basketball instead.  It almost reminds me of college ball during march madness the way the defense helps out and in offense like a puzzle , make that extra extra short pass for the easy bucket.

Re: lockdown defense again
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:06:13 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
It's the Kings in Boston

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
It's the Kings in Boston

they also had a solid win against Miami...defensively as well.

that guard combination of Bradley/Lee is scary defensively against opposing guards

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
bradley/lee is the future

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Lets see if this continues or if this is just leading up to another losing streak. Definitely a different kind of basketball i saw tonight tho. One i strongly prefer.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 10:12:12 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
combination of both maybe, non-stagnant offense plus more active defense. small sample size two games but definitely see an improvement.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Lets see if this continues or if this is just leading up to another losing streak. Definitely a different kind of basketball i saw tonight tho. One i strongly prefer.

yep. shame it did not happen until rondo went down. shame on you doc. still not enough post ups but we seemed to attack enough to keep them honest to get some good looks from outside. much better ball movement.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I don't think I saw us walk the ball up the floor once until the game was decided in the fourth quarter.

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think I saw us walk the ball up the floor once until the game was decided in the fourth quarter.

not even once until late in the 4th. We were running back and forth non stop that the kings players were gassed in the first two quarters. Bradley's shot block might of been the play of the night. The kings couldn't score in the half court nor on the fast break. Really screwed them up.

btw not sure what their coach is doing but they should start, Cousins, Robinson, Hayes, Evans, and Fredette with Thornton being the first guy off the bench.