Author Topic: Trading for Nerlens Noel  (Read 5429 times)

Re: Trading for Nerlens Noel
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The problem is getting into the top 3 to draft him. The best bet is somthing with the Bobcats. Their scouts are telling them to trade out of this draft
Then their scouts are nuts and should be fired.

If the Bobcats get a top 4 pick they could nab either Cody Zeller or Alex Len who both would be perfect fits in Charlotte. They also would be getting excellent value for the pick while picking for need, a rare occurrence.

Nerlens doesn't really fit in Charlotte alongside an offensively incompetent Biyumbo, but Len or Zeller do fit. Obviously they don't need McLemore, Muhammad or Carter Williams, the three other players I see as top 6 picks.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Love Nerlens but in all honesty, he needs at least another year in the NCAA to get stronger and develop his offensive game.

Personally, I think Noel is strong enough to come into the NBA.  Watching him, he looks stronger than Anthony Davis.

Offensively, if he can become a Stoudemire-type face up PNR player, he'd be excellent.

He's certainly an exciting player.

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 06:50:11 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
i think we have the pieces just have to make the decision to rebuild around this kid.  someone in the top five might be looking to jump start their rebuilding process akin to what danny did when he got allen and kg.  maybe a team like charlotte wants to liven their fan base so when they name change back to the hornets, the interest is there as well.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Love Nerlens but in all honesty, he needs at least another year in the NCAA to get stronger and develop his offensive game.

Personally, I think Noel is strong enough to come into the NBA.  Watching him, he looks stronger than Anthony Davis.

Offensively, if he can become a Stoudemire-type face up PNR player, he'd be excellent.

Ever seen Nerlens in person? Really skinny. He makes JaJuan Johnson look heavy.

He is constantly getting pushed around by slightly or much larger players. In the pros he will get moved quite easily. He needs more time. His brother Jim took until about 20 to start putting some bulk on. His brother Rodman got thicker a bit earlier. He will put on muscle but it will take some time, maybe a couple years.

He's still coming out after this season regardless and probably should to not risk a major injury and lose millions, but I think he would do well with waiting a year.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 07:02:31 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Ever seen Nerlens in person? Really skinny. He makes JaJuan Johnson look heavy.

He is constantly getting pushed around by slightly or much larger players. In the pros he will get moved quite easily. He needs more time. His brother Jim took until about 20 to start putting some bulk on. His brother Rodman got thicker a bit earlier. He will put on muscle but it will take some time, maybe a couple years.

He's still coming out after this season regardless and probably should to not risk a major injury and lose millions, but I think he would do well with waiting a year.

He's listed at 228.  When JaJuan came in, he was around 220-225.  And no, I haven't see Noel in person, because I'm not as fortunate as you are.

If he could put on 15 more pounds and develop a consistent mid-range jumper, I would compare him to Serge Ibaka.  Great shot blocker, good weak side defender, great athlete (for his size), and has an awesome name.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 07:59:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Don't forget the high-top fade, yo.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"