Author Topic: Danny said there won't be any moves unless someone else gets injured, Sully down  (Read 9404 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Just have Sully take some antler spray and he'll be okay.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Just have Sully take some antler spray and he'll be okay.

We don't want him to get in trouble.

Just have him drink Badger milk.

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
He's young and the C's also have a good medical team. He'll be back. No need to panic.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Side note Sully seems to picked up weight.   

Food is his enemy.

Not sure where you are getting this from.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Enough bickering.  This hasn't been CelticsBlog's finest example of a thread.

A lot of less than stellar examples lately . . . .
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Enough bickering.  This hasn't been CelticsBlog's finest example of a thread.

A lot of less than stellar examples lately . . . .
Don't want to point any fingers, but there has been a considerable influx of fresh blood on the forums, too... Go figure.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Maybe I missed this, but when did Danny say there wouldn't be any moves unless someone else gets injured?  That does not sound like him.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Maybe I missed this, but when did Danny say there wouldn't be any moves unless someone else gets injured?  That does not sound like him.
it was in the Adrian Wojnarowski article a few days ago, anyone have a link?

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
My guess would be he said something along the lines "I don't expect us to make any deals unless someone gets injured". Then again, this is not exactly "there won't be any moves".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
My guess would be he said something along the lines "I don't expect us to make any deals unless someone gets injured". Then again, this is not exactly "there won't be any moves".

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rajon-rondo-season-ending-knee-injury-boston-celtics-face-harsh-new-reality-014726749.html

I think that's the article.  I'm not sure which quote is being referred to, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
"In our situation, you can't just philosophically say, 'We're going to do this,' " Ainge told Yahoo! Sports. "You have to tell me what it is. You have to tell me what opportunities we have."
"Here's the thing: If I wanted to say, 'Hey, let's play for the future,' that's hard to do. And if I play only for the 'here and now,' that's hard to do."
Those kinds of trades are hard to do, Ainge meant.

"I'm going to look and see what opportunities are there, like any other year," Ainge said. "Last year, I was close to making a change that I felt would give us a better chance in the here and now, and in the future. And those are hard to do."

There are point guards available to get the Celtics through the season, and Ainge says he'll meet with his front office and coaches on Monday to begin discussing them.

I'm not sure where this idea that they are not making a trade unless there are other injuries comes from.  These quotes are from the Wojo article. 

While Wojo pointed out that "blowing it up" is easier said than done in todays NBA, he never said that Danny wouldn't make trades. 

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
"In our situation, you can't just philosophically say, 'We're going to do this,' " Ainge told Yahoo! Sports. "You have to tell me what it is. You have to tell me what opportunities we have."
"Here's the thing: If I wanted to say, 'Hey, let's play for the future,' that's hard to do. And if I play only for the 'here and now,' that's hard to do."
Those kinds of trades are hard to do, Ainge meant.

"I'm going to look and see what opportunities are there, like any other year," Ainge said. "Last year, I was close to making a change that I felt would give us a better chance in the here and now, and in the future. And those are hard to do."

There are point guards available to get the Celtics through the season, and Ainge says he'll meet with his front office and coaches on Monday to begin discussing them.

I'm not sure where this idea that they are not making a trade unless there are other injuries comes from.  These quotes are from the Wojo article. 

While Wojo pointed out that "blowing it up" is easier said than done in todays NBA, he never said that Danny wouldn't make trades.
He definitely said something along the lines of, we aren't going to be making any moves unless someone else goes down. Maybe it was just a tweet, but definitely remember reading it a few days ago.

I'll try to find it

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
sorry , it was from a Mark Murphy article

“We’re not bringing anybody in yet — we’re not rushing into anything,” said Ainge. “We like the guys that we have now. (Leandro) Barbosa has only played for the last couple of games, and we have to see more of him. If there’s another injury, then we may need to go get someone.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/01/danny_ainge_resists_adding_c%E2%80%99s_roster

is he only talking about guards ? or if anyone gets injured?

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

“We’re not bringing anybody in yet — we’re not rushing into anything,” said Ainge. “We like the guys that we have now. (Leandro) Barbosa has only played for the last couple of games, and we have to see more of him. If there’s another injury, then we may need to go get someone.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2013/01/danny_ainge_resists_adding_c%E2%80%99s_roster

ia he only talking about guards , or if anyone gets injured?

The context is about guards.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

is he only talking about guards ? or if anyone gets injured?

Eh, this is very liberal interpretation of that quote IMO. To me, that reads that he was talking just about the PG position.  And even with that, that they weren't going to panic and make a move immediately, because they have enough guys to hold down the fort at the moment.  However, if another injury happens, then they will have no choice but to make an immediate move (which would more likely be signing a 10 day contract, not a trade).