Author Topic: Green's D vs LeBron (breakdown)  (Read 5089 times)

Re: Green's D vs LeBron (breakdown)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 05:51:12 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I'm glad someone posted this breakdown of Greens defense.

I remember having a back and forth conversation with a fellow celtics blog poster (vinnie) about Greens worth, and that's defending the Lebrons and the Carmelos of this league. Not gonna stop any of those dudes, but just make shots harder.

This is why I want Jeff Green on this team. The 15 points a game that he busts out from time to time is just a bonus.

Although I would like him to be more aggressive offensively, I can live with his defense on James and Anthony.

And how nice was that Poster on Bosh? I jumped out of my couch when it happened.

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 03:58:34 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
this was much ado about LeBron settling...green can't stop him

Who can?  All a guy can do is make Lebron work hard for his points or force him into jump shots.

Also, I think you're not giving Green enough credit.  According to that data, Lebron shot 3-for-11 against Green, and 11-for-20 against everyone else.  That suggests that Green was doing his job.

Love the rationalization about LeBron "settling", we were very good guarding his dribble drives, and forcing LeBron to "settle" has been the Celtics' strategy when guarding LeBron since forever... it's what helped us eliminate the Cavs multiple times during the playoffs.

Enticing the opposing player to take a bad shot IS good defense.

There only is 1 LeBron stopper. That one is when LeBron stops himself, like this game. Don't get excited.
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 04:06:21 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
this was much ado about LeBron settling...green can't stop him

Who can?  All a guy can do is make Lebron work hard for his points or force him into jump shots.

Also, I think you're not giving Green enough credit.  According to that data, Lebron shot 3-for-11 against Green, and 11-for-20 against everyone else.  That suggests that Green was doing his job.

Looked like a 2010 Shawn Marion out there.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 04:31:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
The term "LeBron stopper". Łol.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Great stuff.  Green was definitely engaged on the defensive end.  Nobody is truly a "Lebron stopper", but I was impressed with how hard Green made Lebron work. 

If Green brought that level of play every night, I don't think anybody would be as upset with the sporadic shooting, rebounding, and passing.

And as I understand it, this was just an average night for him statistically. His season average on defense is .75 points.

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 05:15:12 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm glad someone posted this breakdown of Greens defense.

I remember having a back and forth conversation with a fellow celtics blog poster (vinnie) about Greens worth, and that's defending the Lebrons and the Carmelos of this league. Not gonna stop any of those dudes, but just make shots harder.

This is why I want Jeff Green on this team. The 15 points a game that he busts out from time to time is just a bonus.

Although I would like him to be more aggressive offensively, I can live with his defense on James and Anthony.

And how nice was that Poster on Bosh? I jumped out of my couch when it happened.
I never get too riled up on dunks but with that one? let out a primal arghhhhhhHHHH lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 01:24:56 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
the only player who can stop lebron james
is

TONY ALLEN