Author Topic: Courtney Lee denies report from Zach Lowe, is happy in Boston?  (Read 12816 times)

Courtney Lee denies report from Zach Lowe, is happy in Boston?
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:12:07 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Lee on twitter:
'Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!!'

Makes sense, he is working his ass of and is showing really good motivation lately, he is the one new guy that is the closest to the tough celtic mentality

#Bleed Green

Re: Courtney Lee denies report from Zach Lowe, is happy in Boston?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:15:24 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Lee on twitter:
'Somebody Please tell me who Zach Lowe is??? If your going to report anything about me or go on shows talking about meINTERVIEW ME FIRST!!'

Makes sense, he is working his ass of and is showing really good motivation lately, he is the one new guy that is the closest to the tough celtic mentality

#Bleed Green

OMG. sounds like the MSM and how they make up stories to fit a narrative when they have no actual interest in reporting the truth or facts. sigh.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
What else is he supposed to say?  Seriously, if guys didn't have gripes about one guy dribbling the ball all the time while playing in an offense ranked 28th in the league, I would worry that they had been lobotomized.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He said she said i didnt say he didnt say. All a bunch of malarkey no matter which way you look at it.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 01:33:28 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
Personally, I never believed it anyway. These so called journalist always try to "one-up" the next guy by stating crap that they label a "scoop". 90% of it is just gibberish and individuals trying to make some sorta name for themselves. Anyone can make up a rumor and once it hits twitter....forget about it.

Here, I have one....Jeff Green says he wishes Pierce would just go ahead and get traded already so that he could finally shine. He said he's tired of waiting and wants to be the man NOW!  ;D

"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 01:38:12 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
What else is he supposed to say?  Seriously, if guys didn't have gripes about one guy dribbling the ball all the time while playing in an offense ranked 28th in the league, I would worry that they had been lobotomized.

So you'd rather believe the blogger who heard some whispers through "back channels", as opposed to the actual player?  That seems logical.

How quickly we forget that Rondo played a large role in recruiting Lee here to begin with. I'm pretty sure he was familiar with Rondo's playing style before he signed here.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 01:39:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
These things always get blown out of proportion, even if there is truth to it, anyways.  All it takes is one frustrating game, Lee, out of frustration, vents to someone about how he is being used.  Then it goes through the grapevine, and suddenly he is miserable and there is a rift in the lockerroom. 

Everyone gets frustrated at their job from time to time.  It doesn't mean that your feelings in that moment carry over beyond that.

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 01:46:23 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
The sound  you're hearing right now is nickagneta's retreat. After being so quick to bury him under an avalanche of negative critique about how Lee doesn't have the right to say anything. As it turns out, maybe he never did.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:48:21 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

So you'd rather believe the blogger who heard some whispers through "back channels", as opposed to the actual player?  That seems logical.

How quickly we forget that Rondo played a large role in recruiting Lee here to begin with. I'm pretty sure he was familiar with Rondo's playing style before he signed here.

I think he's assuming that giving the ball to Lee and Terry and Pierce more on offense will transform the Celts into a great offensive rebounding team, since that's the area we'd need to improve on the most to see the kind of improvements in our efficiency he's looking for.

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Whether the rumor is true or not, this was expected.

Lee doesn't want to mess with team chemistry, so of course he's going to deny it.

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 01:51:26 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
I think he's assuming that giving the ball to Lee and Terry and Pierce more on offense will transform the Celts into a great offensive rebounding team, since that's the area we'd need to improve on the most to see the kind of improvements in our efficiency he's looking for.
Well, you know what they say... you can't get an offensive rebound unless you brick a bad shot first.

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 01:51:56 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Wasn't Rondo familiar with Terry's style of play too?  Then why was Terry playing like Ray Allen, which is one of the moronic things I've seen.  Terry has been one of the game's best shooters off the dribble for over a decade.  When he signed here, Doc and Danny specifically talked about needing to bring in another guy who could create for himself and others off the dribble.  What's happened instead is the complete opposite.  Terry's taken a whooping 9 shots off the dribble after using a screen all season while playing with Rondo.  9 shots! And he's started and played with Rondo a lot.  There was more than enough possessions in a game for Rondo to give up some ballhandling duties and let Terry play like himself but that never happened.   

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 01:53:12 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224

Lee doesn't want to mess with team chemistry, so of course he's going to deny it.
Best part is that he didn't even deny it.

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Those type of rumors are meaningless without any context or even an actual quote. Bass also was clearly just responding out of frustration that he's not playing up to last seasons standards. None of this is news. Props to Courtney for being on top of responding regardless.

PS: anyone else thinking bass bounces back hard once his role off the bench is reestablished?

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 01:56:10 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

Best part is that he didn't even deny it.

He asked Lowe that if he's going to report anything (or in this instance, quote) on him, make sure to interview him first.

Please explain to me how that is not denying it.