Author Topic: A trade proposal from a LA Clippers forum...  (Read 4502 times)

Re: A trade proposal from a LA Clippers forum...
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Between Butler, Crawford, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes, the Clips are already stacked at the 3. Can't imagine they'd have a need for Pierce.

Wouldn't you consider Pierce to be a pretty significant upgrade over any of those players, though?

Yeah I guess. But if that's the case, then I say just keep Paul here in Boston. Why make the Clippers better? I still say the Celtics can make it to the Eastern Conference finals again.

Rondo in the playoffs last year:
17.3 ppg
11.9 apg
6.7 rpg
2.4 spg

I don't think so.

Great, back to the Rondo debate again ???

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Between Butler, Crawford, Grant Hill and Matt Barnes, the Clips are already stacked at the 3. Can't imagine they'd have a need for Pierce.

Wouldn't you consider Pierce to be a pretty significant upgrade over any of those players, though?

Yeah I guess. But if that's the case, then I say just keep Paul here in Boston. Why make the Clippers better? I still say the Celtics can make it to the Eastern Conference finals again.

17.3 ppg
11.9 apg
6.7 rpg
2.4 spg

I don't think so.

There are few to little debates concerning Rondo's performance in the post season.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 10:27:33 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

17.3 ppg
11.9 apg
6.7 rpg
2.4 spg

I don't think so.

There are few to little debates concerning Rondo's performance in the post season.

Yeah but you are ignorant if you don't think there are other non-Rondo-centric ways to play ball. We have plenty of skilled guards and passers to redistribute Rondo's workload

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 10:41:22 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, if there was one team to trade Pierce to, it'd be the Clips.  Can't say I have a single thing against them.  In fact, it'd be cool to see them win, and in the process completely torture Lakers fans.

Just doesn't seem like a good enough return to make it worth while.  If Bledsoe is the best "upside" player we can get, I'll pass.

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 10:46:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I maintain there's an excellent chance the Cs will trade both KG and PP to LAC, if they decide to trade either at all.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)