Author Topic: Doug McDermott  (Read 13163 times)

Re: Doug McDermott
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2013, 09:33:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
nice performance today. Was the go to guy on offense. I think he had like 27 pts and 10 rebounds.

But the more he keeps going the more we may not even have a chance to draf thim

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
his draft stock skyrocketed. he's projected to be picked  1 spot above us as of now.

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2013, 11:45:15 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
I'm starting to warm up to this kid.  I normally want my prospects to have the potential to excel on both ends of the floor, but McDermott may be useful enough on offense that you can afford to give a little back on defense. 

He's always moving, he has a quick release on a jumper that he can hit from anywhere, and he's crafty around the basket.  He sometimes struggles to get the ball, but in the NBA he'll have the advantage of having much better teammates who demand more attention and will be able to make that pass to get the ball into his hands.  There will probably be an adjustment period as he struggles to acclimate to NBA-level length and athleticism, but I'm starting to believe he can make that adjustment.

Looking forward to seeing how he handles Duke. 

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2013, 01:50:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm starting to warm up to this kid.  I normally want my prospects to have the potential to excel on both ends of the floor, but McDermott may be useful enough on offense that you can afford to give a little back on defense. 

He's always moving, he has a quick release on a jumper that he can hit from anywhere, and he's crafty around the basket.  He sometimes struggles to get the ball, but in the NBA he'll have the advantage of having much better teammates who demand more attention and will be able to make that pass to get the ball into his hands.  There will probably be an adjustment period as he struggles to acclimate to NBA-level length and athleticism, but I'm starting to believe he can make that adjustment.

Looking forward to seeing how he handles Duke.

Yeah it will be quite a test , especially facing Plumlee in the interior. If Mcdermott has an o/s performance regardless if creighton wins, prob best that he declares. He could be chosen late lottery and worse case by the 20's.