Author Topic: Three team trade (Bos/Hou/Mil)  (Read 1526 times)

Three team trade (Bos/Hou/Mil)
« on: January 29, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=auluult

Boston receives:Samuel Dalembert
                             Terrance Jones

Houston Receives: Brandon Bass
                                1st Round Pick from Boston
                                2nd Round pick from Mil

Milwaukee Receives: Fab Melo

Why for Boston: I still believe this teams biggest need is a legit big (6'9+) who can bang down low, rebound, and alter some shots. He obviously isn't what he was in Philly but he is still a solid role player. Also, his deal expires after this year which would essentially get us out of Bass's contract and we could hopefully resign him on the cheap as a role player for us.

Also, Boston gets a prospect back for giving up Melo. This draft is considered just as bad as this year was good so I'm not concerned with losing the pick.

Why for Houston: One of Houston's biggest needs is a PF who can space the floor. Patterson and Morris have been taking turns starting as neither can really stay consistent. Playing with Lin and Harden would open a ton of jumpers for Bass. I originally got the idea of Bass going here when I saw some Houston fans proposing that they pursue Bass. He's a hard worker who would fit in with Houstons young crowd and become a vet presence.

Why for Milwaukee: Obvious. They flip a big who is riding the bench for a young big nearly 10 years younger.

Biggest issue I see is it does complicate Houston's cap a little but maybe Bass puts up some solid numbers and they can flip him around the draft. I don't see the sense in them throwing a max contract at Milsap, Smith, or Jefferson this summer. In a few years Harden, Lin, and Asik alone will cost them 50 mill
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:53:46 PM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: The "because I got bored" trade (Bos/Hou/Mil)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
No. Our first round pick may become a lottery pick & I'd rather gamble on Greg Oden with some of Rondo's exemption money as a act of good faith.

Re: The "because I got bored" trade (Bos/Hou/Mil)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:39:52 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
No. Our first round pick may become a lottery pick & I'd rather gamble on Greg Oden with some of Rondo's exemption money as a act of good faith.

Not sure if you saw the news today but Greg Oden is likely going to Cleveland. Also, even if he did sign with us it's already been stated that he's not playing this season.

Secondly, I'm almost positive we don't get any kind of exemption with the Rondo injury.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Three team trade (Bos/Hou/Mil)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
That trade doesn't help Houston at all so they wouldn't do it.  They already have 4 or 5 PF's on their roster.  They want a star player.  I could see them trading for Josh Smith and trading away Patterson and Jones and maybe someone else.  Bass is just a filler to them.  He won't play ahead of Patterson and probably not ahead of Morris or Greg Smith either...   

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:30:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Milwaukee does not need a big man project, they need wings.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:49:51 PM by CelticConcourse »
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:33 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It's one of the only trades I've seen where Fab Melo is THE player a team is getting and isn't just a throw in for money purposes - which I approve of, but I don't want to give up a first as well.

I have said it numerous times, but trading Melo now makes absolutely no sense. Nobody in the world thought that he was going to be tearing up the NBA by now, but he isn't worth anything yet. He really needs to play and show potential before we start using him in trades and hopefully, at somepoint, we will be showcasing him in those trades, rather than just adding him for salary purposes.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:35:53 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
There's no reason for Houston OR Milwaukee to do this.