Author Topic: Some Celtics twitter news  (Read 3981 times)

Re: Some Celtics twitter news
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 02:51:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
C,s. could use Dooling......he has experience running the team....I'm ok with it
Also....Jeff Green handling the ball is not so bad....Ithink it helps add another element to the CSS
Offense

Although I think it is still too early , and he needs another year of D league ,having Fab Melo s size,length,and energy could be a plus against. Average centers .     .....never know Fab might just give the C stat edge they have needed I side on defense.  He is decent shot blocker.     

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
C,s. could use Dooling......he has experience running the team....I'm ok with it 

He has experience getting the ball to Pierce, and moving out of the way.

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Despite his many flaws, Dooling is a hard nosed player who is very well liked by his teammates.  I'd rather have him than an empty roster spot.  (and I know that isn't the greatest endorsement ever). 

I'd prefer Delonte West since he's a better shooter and all around player, but I think the Cs have had enough of his act. 

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
What if we signed Dooling to a twenty day contract at first just for lolz. That's possible
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Despite his many flaws, Dooling is a hard nosed player who is very well liked by his teammates.  I'd rather have him than an empty roster spot.  (and I know that isn't the greatest endorsement ever). 

I'd prefer Delonte West since he's a better shooter and all around player, but I think the Cs have had enough of his act.
I agree but don't get why Danny would say flat out "no" on Dooling being an option.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Green handling the ball more is actually a very good thing. More touches = more aggression. Hopefully.

I think hes one of the guys Doc/Danny allude to when they believe a player is going to step up. The offense will probably run more through him now, and hopefully he responds

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Dooling is not coming to the Celtics, and I still for the life of me can't come up with a reason why any of you want him to join our roster.

Leadership / stabilizing influence.  He made a big difference last year by virtue of that alone.

We don't need to give him a roster spot to accomplish that, he's already doing it. We have plenty of leaders and vets on this team.

I think it more of a "incase" Terry,AB,Lee or Barbosa go down for a number of games. Easier for Dooling to step in then some guy off the street. The learnig curve is a lot less.

And they don't have to waste a trade on a PG or SG and focus on a Big that is more needed.