Author Topic: Some Celtics twitter news  (Read 1780 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 458
Re: Some Celtics twitter news
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 02:51:34 PM »
C,s. could use Dooling......he has experience running the team....I'm ok with it
Also....Jeff Green handling the ball is not so bad....Ithink it helps add another element to the CSS
Offense

Although I think it is still too early , and he needs another year of D league ,having Fab Melo s size,length,and energy could be a plus against. Average centers .     .....never know Fab might just give the C stat edge they have needed I side on defense.  He is decent shot blocker.     

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1085
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
C,s. could use Dooling......he has experience running the team....I'm ok with it 

He has experience getting the ball to Pierce, and moving out of the way.

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
Despite his many flaws, Dooling is a hard nosed player who is very well liked by his teammates.  I'd rather have him than an empty roster spot.  (and I know that isn't the greatest endorsement ever). 

I'd prefer Delonte West since he's a better shooter and all around player, but I think the Cs have had enough of his act. 

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 382
  • Jeff Green
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »
What if we signed Dooling to a twenty day contract at first just for lolz. That's possible
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline j804

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 661
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:54 PM »
Despite his many flaws, Dooling is a hard nosed player who is very well liked by his teammates.  I'd rather have him than an empty roster spot.  (and I know that isn't the greatest endorsement ever). 

I'd prefer Delonte West since he's a better shooter and all around player, but I think the Cs have had enough of his act.
I agree but don't get why Danny would say flat out "no" on Dooling being an option.

Offline esel1000

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 109
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »
Green handling the ball more is actually a very good thing. More touches = more aggression. Hopefully.

I think hes one of the guys Doc/Danny allude to when they believe a player is going to step up. The offense will probably run more through him now, and hopefully he responds

Offline Sketch5

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 79
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »
Dooling is not coming to the Celtics, and I still for the life of me can't come up with a reason why any of you want him to join our roster.

Leadership / stabilizing influence.  He made a big difference last year by virtue of that alone.

We don't need to give him a roster spot to accomplish that, he's already doing it. We have plenty of leaders and vets on this team.

I think it more of a "incase" Terry,AB,Lee or Barbosa go down for a number of games. Easier for Dooling to step in then some guy off the street. The learnig curve is a lot less.

And they don't have to waste a trade on a PG or SG and focus on a Big that is more needed.

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog