Author Topic: Some Celtics twitter news  (Read 3999 times)

Some Celtics twitter news
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:21 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Doc Rivers said Keyon Dooling coming back is a possibility and he has told Dooling to start getting in shape #celtics

Pierce: "Retiring as a Celtic has always been a longtime goal, but that's something that's beyond my control."

#Celticstalk: Doc Rivers plans to keep Courtney Lee and Jared Sullinger in #Celtics starting lineup.

Sullinger will also continue to start. Danny has not come to Doc with any trade scenarios.

Doc Rivers said that Jeff Green will be one of the ball-handlers moving forward this season.

Re: Some Celtics twitter news
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 12:31:49 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
wont be to thrilled if keyon is it.. I love keyon but really hope this is the move we make. Sign Derek Fisher or something. And Pierce comment kinda scares me hate when its not in his hands. Hope he stays a Celtic

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 12:35:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Doc Rivers said Keyon Dooling coming back is a possibility and he has told Dooling to start getting in shape #celtics

Pierce: "Retiring as a Celtic has always been a longtime goal, but that's something that's beyond my control."

#Celticstalk: Doc Rivers plans to keep Courtney Lee and Jared Sullinger in #Celtics starting lineup.

Sullinger will also continue to start. Danny has not come to Doc with any trade scenarios.

Doc Rivers said that Jeff Green will be one of the ball-handlers moving forward this season.
Would love Dooling back, he could provide leadership to guys like Bradley and Lee, he won't complain if he doesn't play a lot and when he does play he'll give us 100%.

Green being a ball handler for this team should help his aggressiveness by forcing him to have the ball in his hands more often.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Glad to hear Sullinger will keep starting.  He's our second best big man (and at times he's been our second most important player) and he's earned it.

I'm also glad to hear about Dooling.  He was a huge leader on the team last year and I think his absence has been felt in that area this season.  I think he could be a calming, centering influence on the bench for the team even if he rarely actually suits up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Would love Dooling back, he could provide leadership to guys like Bradley and Lee, he won't complain if he doesn't play a lot and when he does play he'll give us 100%.

Green being a ball handler for this team should help his aggressiveness by forcing him to have the ball in his hands more often.

Would love Dooling too. Much more so than Fisher. Dooling plays his heart out every minute on the floor and is a pretty nagging defender. Would love to see Reverend Dooling suit up for insurance and play 5 to 10 minutes here and there.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:39:39 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
wont be to thrilled if keyon is it.. I love keyon but really hope this is the move we make. Sign Derek Fisher or something. And Pierce comment kinda scares me hate when its not in his hands. Hope he stays a Celtic

As of today, Dooling may be closer to being in basketball shape than Fisher. Haven't heard anything about Fish since he suffered that knee injury a month ago.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:57 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Jeff Green and KG pick and roll could be decent.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 12:42:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Dooling is not coming to the Celtics, and I still for the life of me can't come up with a reason why any of you want him to join our roster.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:43:55 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Dooling is not coming to the Celtics, and I still for the life of me can't come up with a reason why any of you want him to join our roster.

Leadership / stabilizing influence.  He made a big difference last year by virtue of that alone.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 12:49:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He's already with the Celtics in a coaching/front office role. So he kind of is already with the Celtics.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Leadership / stabilizing influence.  He made a big difference last year by virtue of that alone.

We don't need to give him a roster spot to accomplish that, he's already doing it. We have plenty of leaders and vets on this team.

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:59 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
-I love that Sully will continue to start.

-I'm glad it's not in Pierce's hands.

-I'd welcome Dooling back.

-I don't believe Ainge hasn't talked to Doc about trades.

-I cringe at Green handling the ball

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I would rather have Keyon Dooling instead of Derek Fisher any day.

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 02:25:51 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd rather start auditioning D-Leaguers with ten-day contracts, but I think it would prudent to encourage Dooling to get into playing shape just in case.  He shouldn't be the first option, but there's nothing wrong with having the flexibility of Dooling as a Plan B or C or D.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 02:39:34 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Dooling does not excite me at all.

Green as more of a focal point does. More Sully too.

Can't wait for the next game. Bring me Melo!