Author Topic: ** Bash Yourself Thread **  (Read 870 times)

** Bash Yourself Thread **
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
If you are still posting in that Bash Rondo thread, please stop.   
And if you are bashing Rondo in said thread, first punch yourself in the face then stop. 

Seriously that thread needs to die.   
It's embarrassing to us all & Rajon certainly doesn't need that noise from the Celtic faithful

Re: ** Bash Yourself Thread **
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:46:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Against forum rules much? I believe we all have a right to our own opinions, no matter what they are.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:49:53 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, as angry as I am right now with some of the things being said, this is unessecary.

Their words alone "bash themselves".

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:51:08 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Rondo deserves more from us than a thread dedicated to his "bashing"

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:12:43 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Yeah, as angry as I am right now with some of the things being said, this is unessecary.

Their words alone "bash themselves".

Ok, here we go....

I can't dribble worth a rat's butt. I make tony Allen look like meadowlark lemon.

Shooting? Ha, I couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a handful of beans. Bad form. Terrible release, and don't even get me started about my efficiency rating.

Rebounds are impossible given that my arms would embarrass even a t-rex, I am closer to 4.5 feet than I am to 7 foot tall, and jumping ability... With these knees!?!?  You should book a flight on a pig before you bet money I can round up a rebound.

Defense - my best bet is to simply tackle the other guy before he has a chance to start moving. I could do that 6 times a game.... Assuming my back doesn't give out after the first few times.

As for my trade value.... Maybe a NBA team would pay ainge to keep me away from them.

There. Is that enough self bashing to placate the cb gods for an evening?  :D

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:31:44 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I only started playing basketball with other people (i.e. more than just shooting hoops in my driveway) 3-4 years ago.  So I pretty much have no idea how to move without the ball and my court vision is pathetic.  I also am a disaster trying to dribble when there's any kind of pressure at all.  Forget about finishing at the rim unless I'm wide open.

My range is basically limited to 10-15 feet from the basket.  When I'm just shooting around I think I'm actually pretty okay from mid-range.  But for some reason I have very little range.  When I try to step out to 3 point range (and we're talking about playground 3 here) it front rims or falls completely short.  Pathetic.

I do take pride in playing Avery Bradley style pressure defense (though without any sort of fundamentals or above average athletic ability) and annoying opponents who are used to pick up games being characterized by completely disinterested defense and pull-up threes.  Suffice to say I commit multiple fouls a second, but I force people to call em.  Not gonna let people get comfortable. 

I also do my best to box out, but I'm not that big so I don't grab very many rebounds.  And again, no fundamentals.  I learned most of my body positioning and footwork from playing soccer.

The best compliment I've ever gotten about my play was when I finished a game of pickup with a few strangers at the park down the street and one of the guys on the other team said I was "A real pain in the [butt]."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:01 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Rondo deserves more from us than a thread dedicated to his "bashing"
Guess we need a Bash Forum, or just simply an All Negative Forum, where pessimism and hatred can be sown at will and with fervor, and we half-full people, or those of us living in a "fantasy world", (as I've sometimes been accused of), can make a u-turn and save a few extra hairs from turning gray, (they're at a premium, afterall). ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 02:33:48 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
where are the mods?

I make a post that references cursing and get a warning.
i make a post that has sarcasm and they say i'm attacking posters.

WHAT IS THIS??? lol