Poll

Should the Celtics give up a 1st rounder for Ktle Lowry? Choose any 5 to 6 million dollar filler combo you want for salariy.

Yes
28 (62.2%)
No
17 (37.8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: February 05, 2013, 02:19:13 AM

Author Topic: 1st rounder for Lowry? (Poll)  (Read 6706 times)

Re: 1st rounder for Lowry? (Poll)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah I do that in a second and then flip him during training camp. For that price he'd be a good fill in for the rest of the year and good trade bait once rondo comes back.

I think he's an expiring deal, so we'd have to pay him.  Plus, there's a reason he's available at all after the Raps gave up a fair amount to get him.

Its not an expiring but its a 1 mil guaranteed deal. He has some sort of option I assume? Is this correct, anyone confirm that?

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 09:51:29 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Yeah I do that in a second and then flip him during training camp. For that price he'd be a good fill in for the rest of the year and good trade bait once rondo comes back.

I think he's an expiring deal, so we'd have to pay him.  Plus, there's a reason he's available at all after the Raps gave up a fair amount to get him.

Its not an expiring but its a 1 mil guaranteed deal. He has some sort of option I assume? Is this correct, anyone confirm that?

His deal is unguaranteed next year. The team who holds his rights can cut him at the cost of $1mil, or trade him to a team that wants to do the same.

They (or the team they trade him to) can also keep him for ~$6mil.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 09:55:17 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

His deal is unguaranteed next year. The team who holds his rights can cut him at the cost of $1mil, or trade him to a team that wants to do the same.

Right, but he has to be cut by July 15th I believe, or else the contract is fully guaranteed for next year.  So the only time you could really trade him would be on draft day.  But it would be a very valuable asset.  Which is another reason (beyond the fact that he is a good player), there is no chance Toronto is trading him for a mid first rounder right now.

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Right, but he has to be cut by July 15th I believe, or else the contract is fully guaranteed for next year.  So the only time you could really trade him would be on draft day.  But it would be a very valuable asset.  Which is another reason (beyond the fact that he is a good player), there is no chance Toronto is trading him for a mid first rounder right now.

I agree, Chris. But would they trade Davis, Calderon and Lowry for Gay? Colangelo has had a long leash there, but it's getting shorter. They need to get relevant, fast.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would.  Potential malcontent or not, he's an excellent two-way PG who is worth at least as much as a mid-round first.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 10:21:11 AM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'd do that in a millisecond!!

I'm pretty sure Lowry is a much much better player than we give him credit for. The guy's a great defender, decent outside shooter and a great rebounder for his height! Raptors don't really know what they're doing... they're keeping Calderon, who has been basically the same player for the last 6-7 years, and credit him for the team's resurgence, while it's other players stepping up that has made the difference... Lowry's contract looks great as well, and tbh, I don't think that there's any other starting caliber point guard available at this time of the year.

A lot of people in here are just tricked into believing we don't need a true PG after we beat the Heat without Rajon. Well, it was just a game... you can't make it through half a season without 1 single true PG in your team. If the Raptors are dumb enough to accept a deal involving Bass/Terry/Barbosa + 1st rounder, it's a no brainer for me...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
So, I guess, no more Lowry coming to Boston trade rumors... :-[
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2013, 07:24:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Calderon to Detroit so theres go Lowry...he is Toronto only PG now and should do great now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin