Author Topic: A KG trade idea.  (Read 1574 times)

A KG trade idea.
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:39:45 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110

Now I know this would be a tough thing to do. Basically saying we are done this year and lets start rebuilding. My trade suggestion is this: Kevin Garnett to the Clippers for Lamar Odom and Eric Bledsoe. This works under the cap and I think is deal that helps both teams.

Why? To start with Boston, we would obviously go to KG and ask him first. Since he has a no trade clause we would need his blessing and I think he would give it. He lives in Malibu in the off season and going to the Clips puts him immediately on a contender. We get Odom whose contract expires after this season and a fantastic pg in Bledsoe which gives us great flexibility going forward. We call up Melo to get minutes in the "bigs" so to speak and let it ride. We most likely end up in the lottery but I think that is better than the 15th or 16th pick and a first round playoff exit at this point.

The Clippers do this for two reasons. One, they have to trade Bledsoe. There are keeping Chris Paul and they can not afford Bledsoe once he gets out on the market. Second, adding KG makes them title contenders for sure, right now. They could run out a myriad of line ups with DeAndre Jordan, KG and Griffin along the front line. It makes them even better defensively and almost impossible for other front lines to guard come playoff time. Neither the Thunder nor the Spurs could hang with the various line up combinations KG allows the Clippers to play. If you are going to trade Bledsoe, you might as well get a player who will have an awesome impact on your team while still not crushing you financially. KG fits that description perfectly. Billups goes back to backing up Chris Paul and suddenly you have a team that can win in various ways and has great veteran experience to go with all the high flying youth.

The Celtics get cap flexibility and can see what they have in Bledsoe. Perhaps they keep him and trade Rondo? They may be able to play together. Or you could deal Bledsoe down the line for more pieces. Flexibility is number one thing the Celtics need and this trade gives them that along with fixing their point guard issues right away.

I hate to let KG go and of course this whole thing depends on him saying ok. I am just terrified that the Celtics will end up this middle of the road team. Purgatory in the NBA. Sadly we are going to have end up in the lottery to get better. We do not seem to be an A-1 free agent destination so the draft is the way we will get better. We might as well start working on that now.

This trade is a win for both teams needs for the this season and next. It allows the Clippers a better chance at their first title and the Celtics a way to rebuild pretty quickly.

Re: A KG trade idea.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:44:35 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
yup...nice trade for the Clips.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:26 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
KG has a no-trade clause. He would have
to approve to be traded. He has stated
he will play nowhere else. Are you calling
him a liar ?

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 09:45:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont think it helps us.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
yup...nice trade for the Clips.

really?

lamar odom and bledsoe?

c'mon

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I wouldn't mind watching a rejuvenated kg play for a contender to be honest...he deserves it....but is loyal to a fault so don't see it happening

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Aye clippers or spurs are the team that make sense for a Garnett trade. I'd love get Bledsoe in here to pair with Avery. That is a dynamic back court for the future although I dont think Odom would fit here at all, too cold and not enough socialites.

A Rondo Avery Bledsoe gaurd rotation would be a nightmare for the competition.