Author Topic: Without Rondo  (Read 969 times)

Without Rondo
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »

Offline reelbig4

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
I don't know if it's been ask before, now with Rondo out do the offense will be more spaced, Barbosa, Bradley, Lee and Terry are better shooters than Rondo, do this facilitate more flow in the offense, and making it more easy for Pierce and Garnett to find more easy looks??

Re: Without Rondo
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
While there might be more floor space, there is now no one to create open looks in that space. Pierce might look good for a couple of games, but after a while he is going to wear down trying to do everything.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »

Offline reelbig4

• The Green Kornet
I guess Doc will need to be more creative with offensive plays

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I would like to add that I'm hoping now Sully can get a chance to show his low post game.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »

Offline reelbig4

• The Green Kornet
And also let loose Green attacking more the basket and posting up more too.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
I agree, with the OP. We have some shooters and some quickness on the bench. Lee stays in front of his man better than Rondo mostly because Rondo cheats on defense and gets dissinterested in defense if his man does not have the ball.

Having our guards stay in front of their man will allow Sully to be on the floor longer as he isnt getting cheap fouls picking up someones man.

I am not saying we are better off without him, but we will deffinatly have some advantages if the coach keys in on them.

It will be nice to not see Rondo pound the ball for 20 seconds.

And it could be good for the kid to see the other players progress with this opportunity.

I also think a big man is top priority even now.
blind optimist or GENIUS

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Why do people on this board always act like all the players are handicapped and don't know how to take care of the basketball w/out Rondo? I really don't understand the mentality in this thinking. THEY ARE GROWN MEN ATHLETES! They can flow with the ball with or without Rondo. Yes, it may not be as efficient as what Rondo does but its not like they are stranded and standing at no-man's land. :-\ #OurCelticNationHopeless
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:38 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Stop people appealing and crying for Rondo. The team is a company of 15 players.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 11:25:16 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think the shot creation duties will be handled by committee to an extent, but in the end, I believe the lion's share of those duties will fall on Paul Pierce. 

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Captain performs over the course of the next couple of weeks. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:42:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'll tell you what, I'll play along for just one brief moment.  Maybe the team will play better without Rondo for a period of time.

The one thing I've noticed this year is that most all of the players on this team seem to defer to Rondo, even KG/Pierce to a point.  They've become dependant on his exceptional play-making ability.  As a result, it seems the effectiveness of these other players is entirely tied to how well Rondo plays in any particular game. On the whole, it may, at times, actually be a detriment to the individual games of the rest of the roster in some aspects.

This is absolutely NOT Rondo's fault, however.  It is the fault of the coaching staff and the other players on the roster.  These are highly paid professionals.  It is inexcusable they rely so heavily on one player to "pick them up".

So, going forward, maybe now that the teams security blanket is gone, they'll be forced to sink or swim on thier own, and have to pick up their play.  It happens in sports all the time.  The "lead dog" goes down and the troops rally.

At the end of the day though, in basketball a team only can go as far as it's best player can take it.  Point blank, Rondo is this teams best player.  There will be  no title coming to Boston this year.  Which at the end of the day, is really all that matters here in Boston. Or at least that seems to be the company line.