Author Topic: Rudy Gay traded to raptors  (Read 29231 times)

Re: Raptors and Grizzlies are discussing framework for rudy gay
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2013, 05:10:09 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would definitely give up bass for calderons expiring even though a loathe Calderon. However we would need a big filler contract to move as well and I don't wanna move lee or terry just for an expiring deal.

Why do you loathe Calderon?  Seems like a solid PG to me. He can shoot the 3; doesn't turn the ball over much. Isn't he pretty steady?

There is just something about his game that I just cringe when watching. He's got a lot of Sasha Vujecic in him for me and I just cant stand it.

Playwise, he is kinda of hard to bash. He plays hard and does what he needs to do...Just something about him that I cant stand for some reason.

« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Several league officials tell Y! Sports that Memphis has a plan to route Jose Calderon to a third team for assets in Rudy Gay deal.

Who will be the 3rd team

Hmm...maybe Utah?  They're hard up for a PG and aren't carrying much payroll, and are small enough that they might want to dump some salary.  Not sure how the numbers would work though.  Maybe Marvin Williams?

« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I would definitely give up bass for calderons expiring even though a loathe Calderon. However we would need a big filler contract to move as well and I don't wanna move lee or terry just for an expiring deal.

Why do you loathe Calderon?  Seems like a solid PG to me. He can shoot the 3; doesn't turn the ball over much. Isn't he pretty steady?

There is just something about his game that I just cringe when watching. He's got a lot of Sasha Vujecic in him for me and I just cant stand it.

Playwise, he is kinda of hard to bash. He plays hard and does what he needs to do...Just something about him that I cant stand for some reason.
I agree dude just comes off soft to me and like he'd be rattled in the playoffs
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Bizarre. Tweets saying that it's Detroit who will be taking on Calderon. #doesnotcompute

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine about 5 minutes ago

Going online now: ESPN sources say Grizzlies and Raps have deal in place to swap Rudy Gay and Hamed Haddadi for Ed Davis and Jose Calderon

DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Memphis Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors have agreed in principle on a trade that will send leading scorer Rudy Gay to the Raptors, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Gay
Sources told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies will acquire forward Ed Davis and veteran guard Jose Calderon from the Raptors and then move Calderon on to a third team to ultimately make this a three-team deal.

The Detroit Pistons, sources said, are one of the prime options to take on Calderon, having pursued the Spanish floor leader all season.

The Grizzlies want a small forward out of the trade and Detroit has two on its roster in the final year of their contract: Tayshaun Prince and Corey Maggette. But Memphis, sources said, is talking to at least one other team about taking on Calderon and is expected to receive a second-round pick from Toronto as part of the deal.

The Raptors, sources said, are expected to take on Grizzlies reserve center Hamed Haddadi in addition to Gay.

The Dallas Mavericks are the other most likely landing spot for Calderon, but sources said Dallas is resistant to parting with Vince Carter, Memphis' prime target on the Mavs' roster.

« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2013, 05:37:07 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
We posted the link at the same time lol

Re: Rudy Gay traded to raptors
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Memphis officials spent day calling around to do background on Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, sources tell Y!

« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Huhhmmmmmmmmm ... Who goes where........
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
At @USATODAY Sports: Rudy Gay's time in Memphis comes to an end-Detroit, Boston, Dallas in mix for Jose Calderon

« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It's Hamed Haddadi time in Memphis! :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
At @USATODAY Sports: Rudy Gay's time in Memphis comes to an end-Detroit, Boston, Dallas in mix for Jose Calderon

I'd love Calderon here but we'd have to trade Bass to take on the contract right?

« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I'd love Calderon here but we'd have to trade Bass to take on the contract right?

Just to get rid of Brandon Bass for an expiring contract would be a home run for Boston.

To get a quality starting point guard like Jose Calderon to boot? Incredible.

« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2013, 05:48:26 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
Griz sending Gay/Haddadi to Raptors for Ed Davis/2013 2nd round pick. Raps sending Jose Calderon to Detroit or Dallas for Prince or Carter