Author Topic: Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors  (Read 10906 times)

Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Just a gut but I could see Pierce and Bass to the Warriors for Biendrins, Jefferson, and Barnes.

Biendrins and Jefferson both have contracts that expire after next year just like Pierce. I also remember the celtics working Barnes out during the draft even though they had no chance at getting him.

Barnes would simply be a nice asset and make Green more expendable. Maybe Barnes could play some 2 also.

Curry, Thompson, Pierce, Lee, and Bogut is a very solid starting 5 with guys like Jack and Landry off the bench. Bass could come off the bench too and we could get out from under his deal.

Maybe terry instead of Bass works better.

But my dream of trade of KG reuniting in OKC with Perk (assuming we blow it up) kind of needs Terry.  :P

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Bogut Returns - Gut Feeling Pierce to Warriors
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:26:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would love to get Barnes for Pierce. That would be awesome! I'm not convinced we can do it though.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
There's no way the Warriors trade Barnes for a 2 year rental on Pierce. The kid looks like he's going to be a star in a couple of years. The Warriors core players are all in their prime or just entering it, and they're competing already. Their best bet is to sit tight and let it grow just like OKC did.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:30:50 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
There's no way the Warriors trade Barnes for a 2 year rental on Pierce. The kid looks like he's going to be a star in a couple of years.

Really?

I haven't seen that kind of consistent play. When was the last time the Warriors were ever a contender? I got a gut feeling they will be in the discussion for acquiring Pierce. He is really what they need and compliments their team well.

They have also wanted to rid themselves of Biendrins for a long time. I am sure they wouldn't mind dumping Jefferson too.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:32:46 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
There's no way the Warriors trade Barnes for a 2 year rental on Pierce. The kid looks like he's going to be a star in a couple of years.

Really?

I haven't seen that kind of consistent play. When was the last time the Warriors were ever a contender? I got a gut feeling they will be in the discussion for acquiring Pierce. He is really what they need and compliments their team well.

They have also wanted to rid themselves of Biendrins for a long time. I am sure they wouldn't mind dumping Jefferson too.

I modified my post with a reason why.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
There's no way the Warriors trade Barnes for a 2 year rental on Pierce. The kid looks like he's going to be a star in a couple of years. The Warriors core players are all in their prime or just entering it, and they're competing already. Their best bet is to sit tight and let it grow just like OKC did.
Yep, I believe so too. I think Boston would be looking at a pair of first round picks and/or a lesser prospect like a Jeremy Tyler thrown in there somewhere.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
i think you're bang-on, Kane. This makes all the sense in the world

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
A) no way we get Barnes
B) Jefferson and Bierdinis have terrible contracts for their talent with player options that they will definitely exercise.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am sure GS would love to get out from under the remaining contract that Biedrins has and would love to add a veteran presence like Pierce who has a championship pedigree, But to do so at the cost of losing Barnes and adding long term money like Bass', I think, is extremely unlikely.

BTW, could Biedrins, at this point, be considered the worst player in the NBA. Certainly his contract may have been, along with Eddie Curry's, one of the worst contracts in NBA history.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 07:37:46 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Barns would be amazing, which means it's not happening.  :(

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 07:39:58 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

That's fair but when teams have a chance it's not crazy to see them go for it. Look at Boston in 2008.

Plus it's a risk in itself when two of your core players have the injury history that Curry and Bogut do.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9wnu436

Hollinger loves the trade by the way lol.  ;)

Pierce might actually sign off on it if we are going to blow it up. He gets to go home and make a run at a title. Mark Jackson seems a lot like Doc too. And aren't one of the owners of the Warriors a former Celtic owner?

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ainge supposedly loved Barnes around the time of the draft.

But I'm not sure GS feels like they're in "win now" mode enough to give up Barnes for a year or so of Pierce, even if it means they get to dump Biedrins and Jefferson.

Still, seems somewhat plausible for both sides.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
BTW, could Biedrins, at this point, be considered the worst player in the NBA. Certainly his contract may have been, along with Eddie Curry's, one of the worst contracts in NBA history.

It's in the running. I still think Amare is up there too and Joe Johnson, but they are playing solid right now. In

I remember when Biendrins was a commodity a lot of people on this board wanted. He just disappeared.

GS has gone 3-1 against LAC and has played the Thunder well. Getting Pierce could put them over the top.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
At this point Pierce is "Home"... Boston is Pauls home at this point.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 07:51:34 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
At this point Pierce is "Home"... Boston is Pauls home at this point.

Lol you know what I mean...

The area where he grew up as a kid.