Author Topic: Go for Gay AND Josh Smith (Keep PP and KG together)  (Read 1724 times)

Go for Gay AND Josh Smith (Keep PP and KG together)
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:21:28 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfbcdyc

Add KG to Grizzlies front line and replace Rudy Gay with Pierce and memphis becomes unbelievable.

Atlanta saves a lot of money and gets something (Sullinger) for basically letting Smith walk.

Here, you get two high flying forwards.  They can compete athletically with the aHeat.  They can run the floor with Rondo.  You could get by with playing them at the same time as Green or Bass across the front line with no real center.  You would need to get a Sg and a backup SF that could shoot lights out. 

Rondo  Bradley
?      Lee
Gay   ?
Green   Bass
Smith   ?

Still some holes in the roster but the idea is to get some guys that can finish at the rim and run the floor. 

Go for an elite SG in the draft (picking between 8-12?) Maybe Glenn Robinson III?  Still need to find a real center to give you 20-24 mintues.  Doubt Melo will be ready next year, but may be forced into that role. 

Re: Go for Gay AND Josh Smith (Keep PP and KG together)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Can anyone explain how that trade even works on the trade machine? Because its beyond me.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:44:28 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I like how it gives the C's -12 in the wins share.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:55:22 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50

I have no idea how it works.  My point is get two younger players.  The great part about the -12 wins is without KG/Pierce/Rondo you would tank this year and get a solid lottery pick.

The big question is can these guys win on the court.  On paper, no way.  But I think Rondos game is meant for a running team and these guys would work.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:06:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Can anyone explain how that trade even works on the trade machine? Because its beyond me.

Yeah, I agree that it's weird.

But if it does work, I am okay with the basics - although I let Atlanta take Wroten and I keep Sully. As with the Clippers proposed deal [another current thread], I think it is great that Pierce and KG get to stay together and compete for a championship. It is one of the only ways I could make sense of losing them...

I think you need to consider moving Green and/or Bass in another deal, though...

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 06:16:47 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I keep hearing that Memphis wants to cut salary.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 06:18:33 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have to sign those guys after this year and just ask the Magic how easy that is or the Cavs.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
We have to sign those guys after this year and just ask the Magic how easy that is or the Cavs.

Gay is on a [bloated] multi-year contract and Smith would be pretty psyched to play with Rondo. I am not saying that either player is the next big thing, but keeping those guys seems very viable.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
SULLY STAYS
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

I have no idea how it works.  My point is get two younger players.  The great part about the -12 wins is without KG/Pierce/Rondo you would tank this year and get a solid lottery pick.

The big question is can these guys win on the court.  On paper, no way.  But I think Rondos game is meant for a running team and these guys would work.
Only if Rondo would run! If only Rondo would run...sigh!